When are we going to be honest with ourselves about how bad Kyle Dubas is?

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
There was no inteference from Shanahan for Dubas.

That was a media piece the loser put out once he was failing and let go.

Dubas ego cost him his job with the leafs. He went behind Shanahan back and wanted a better offer then what they had discussed (crazy MLSE was keeping Dubas and Shanahan after 2023 failure but thats another story). He wanted to be President of the leafa after f***ing us over in his half decade reign of terro as GM.

Dubas sucked then, sucks now and will suck into the future.

He makes good excuses but his failures are all his own. He had full autonomy on the leafs for 5 years and had no concept of being able to build a team for more than 1 year outlook.
Lol to think Dubas could put out a piece like that in the Leafs media which would have quickly been debunked it and talked about it to death to the point after he wasn't signed, he'd be laughed out of the league. I mean as far as tin foil hats go...

You lot act like the Leafs were some insane team that had reached the finals a bunch before he got there and he killed that dream.

In the last 25 seasons they missed the playoffs 10x and won 8 rounds of playoffs, booted 8x in the first round and pissed off in the qualifying round.

Now it's just whining about him.

Then you lot see Shanny hire a GM that shit all up and down the Flames franchise as hope. Yet same issues that were there before Dubas are still there. I guess it's easy to blame someone for everything so it helps you sleep at night.

Last edited:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
No but our team sucks because of the deals he’s made. I’m still in shock he squandered away his power with RFA rights to get totally cucked by agents. The ripple effects of that will haunt the leafs for an entire generation.

Plus his constant going after the shiny new thing with no regard to proper team construction then should have been a sign. He’s still doing it. He has no clue about the intangibles it takes to get a team to the cup - he’s just like a moth to flame and wants the shiny new thing every time. And he’s bad at it.

He's not the GM of the Leafs anymore Leafshater67

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Not a huge fan of most of the moves in Pittsburgh so far but he gets too much flack for his time in Toronto. He built out some very deep rosters that looked like cup contenders. But GMs don't play in the games or make decisions from the bench, so I don't think it's fair to blame them when the guys on the ice underperform.

You can criticize trades and UFA signings, but if a GM is building strong rosters they're doing their job well, and I believe he built some very good teams in Toronto.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
No but our team sucks because of the deals he’s made. I’m still in shock he squandered away his power with RFA rights to get totally cucked by agents. The ripple effects of that will haunt the leafs for an entire generation.

Plus his constant going after the shiny new thing with no regard to proper team construction then should have been a sign. He’s still doing it. He has no clue about the intangibles it takes to get a team to the cup - he’s just like a moth to flame and wants the shiny new thing every time. And he’s bad at it.

Why would that matter anymore? Becuase he's not doing a great job in Pittsburgh? He's the fall guy.......they'll blame it all on him and he'll walk right into it.

And then he'll get another GM role after that.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Lol to think Dubas could put out a piece like that in the Leafs media which would have quickly been debunked it and talked about it to death to the point after he wasn't signed, he'd be laughed out of the league. I mean as far as tin foil hats go...

You lot act like the Leafs were some insane team that had reached the finals a bunch before he got there and he killed that dream.

In the last 25 seasons they missed the playoffs 10x and won 8 rounds of playoffs, booted 8x in the first round and pissed off in the qualifying round.

Now it's just whining about him.

Then you lot see Shanny hire a GM that shit all up and down the Flames franchise as hope. Yet same issues that were there before Dubas are still there. I guess it's easy to blame someone for everything so it helps you sleep at night.
Keep riding the dube mate, I am sure it will work out eventually this time for him.

Your argument about the leafs past before dubas isn't relevent when the leafs rebuilt on the fly and were one of the highest ranking teams by multiple outlets in 2017 or 2018 with a future that was expected to lead to numerous playoff wins.

His built team failed 5 times in a row. He ran when he didnt get what he want. Dubas is a con artist that has minimal NHL accomplishments going into 7th year as an NHL GM.

Treliving can be a shit GM at the same time as Dubas. No one is arguing either is a good GM.

Treliving last offseason was doing good only getting 1 year deals. He f***ed up this summer by signing LT deals.

If dubas had any success with the Pens maybe could argue he was being held back by the leafs.

His signings and moves there outside of some draft picks look just as bad as here

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Keep riding the dube mate, I am sure it will work out eventually this time for him.

Your argument about the leafs past before dubas isn't relevent when the leafs rebuilt on the fly and were one of the highest ranking teams by multiple outlets in 2017 or 2018 with a future that was expected to lead to numerous playoff wins.

His built team failed 5 times in a row. He ran when he didnt get what he want. Dubas is a con artist that has minimal NHL accomplishments going into 7th year as an NHL GM.

Treliving can be a shit GM at the same time as Dubas. No one is arguing either is a good GM.

Treliving last offseason was doing good only getting 1 year deals. He f***ed up this summer by signing LT deals.

If dubas had any success with the Pens maybe could argue he was being held back by the leafs.

His signings and moves there outside of some draft picks look just as bad as here
Riding the dube? I mean he hasn't done a good or bad job as a Pens gm, a role he didn't want but had to take because no one is stupid enough to take a job where the ownership won't let you fire the coach.

You want to take it so personal, I mean you all are, it's kind of funny to us Pens fans, then go right ahead.

Dubas isn't even the top issue with this franchise, not even top 2 or 5.

Spezza went with Dubas no? What's he up to now?
GM of Wbs. Hired a strong development coach there and also plucked a very good assistant coach for him that he has worked with before. Has a lot of youth in Wbs to keep an eye on.

He's done a decent job.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Riding the dube? I mean he hasn't done a good or bad job as a Pens gm, a role he didn't want but had to take because no one is stupid enough to take a job where the ownership won't let you fire the coach.

You want to take it so personal, I mean you all are, it's kind of funny to us Pens fans, then go right ahead.

Dubas isn't even the top issue with this franchise, not even top 2 or 5.

GM of Wbs. Hired a strong development coach there and also plucked a very good assistant coach for him that he has worked with before. Has a lot of youth in Wbs to keep an eye on.

He's done a decent job.
These just come across as more excuses for dubas. I dont get why people will justify anything to fault anyone but him for results that have transpired under his tenure in an NHL managerial role?

He didnt want to take the job? Which other team was offering him a role with president title and so much term and money?

He came across as definately wanting the job as it was with FSG where he has ties and connections to ownership and got 7 years ~7M despite a half a decade of incompetence and failed results for his previous team.

He ended his tenure with TML getting himself fired with his media antics and trying to go over Shanahan for his role with ownership.

I didn't intend to take it personal but if it came across that way then my apologies

There is no point arguing with you any further though. You will keep/hold your view on dubas and I will hold mine.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
These just come across as more excuses for dubas. I dont get why people will justify anything to fault anyone but him for results that have transpired under his tenure in an NHL managerial role?

He didnt want to take the job? Which other team was offering him a role with president title and so much term and money?

He came across as definately wanting the job as it was with FSG where he has ties and connections to ownership and got 7 years ~7M despite a half a decade of incompetence and failed results for his previous team.

He ended his tenure with TML getting himself fired with his media antics and trying to go over Shanahan for his role with ownership.

I didn't intend to take it personal but if it came across that way then my apologies

There is no point arguing with you any further though. You will keep/hold your view on dubas and I will hold mine.
He was hired to be Director of Hockey Operations and was to find a GM. He tried to find a GM. It is known in their circles that FSG wants Sullivan there and don't entertain the idea of firing him. Dubas has made mistakes, also made a lot of good ones that Sullivan will make sure he will use moronically like usual. But he's done some good too. And really that's fair of his time in Toronto too. He made some shit moves, some good ones, a ton of mediocre ones.

Those blokes saw what happened to the other GM's and that the problem being a team that needs a coaching change where you can't make one and the ownership meddles is a dumb choice.

Dubas didn't seem like he wanted to be GM ever again. He got the title he wanted, it's more telling of what FSG has done to this franchise than Dubas has. The Pens gm job used to be a coveted role. The fact that they couldn't find a single candidate that would take the job is more hilarious than anything for FSG.

Literally no Pens fan thinks he should be GM. He is fine in the original job he was hired for. But who in their right minds would take that GM job? I don't really give a shit about him as a GM. But it's funny you lot are so triggered by him. Because you are. Admit that much.

It ain't Pens fans that are starting these threads or mentioning his time as a Leaf.

I'd wager if FSG finally saw the damage Sullivan has done to this team for years, let's him fire Sullivan, that following summer they'd probably hire a new GM and Dubas would be doing his original job only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad