Wheeler’s Top 100 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
The San Jose Sharks, Columbus Blue Jackets and Montreal Canadiens lead the way with six ranked prospects. Makes sense.

I'm curious where he would rank guys that have aged out of his eligibility. Someone like Nikolai Kovalenko. Also curious how much he has changed his tune on former top prospects he was too low on, like Slafkovsky. He has stuck to his guns regarding Benson vs Danielson here.

Overall, a fun list to read. Good offseason content!

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Anyone got the full list or a link to bypass the paywall? pls and thx!

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
The San Jose Sharks, Columbus Blue Jackets and Montreal Canadiens lead the way with six ranked prospects. Makes sense.

I'm curious where he would rank guys that have aged out of his eligibility. Someone like Nikolai Kovalenko. Also curious how much he has changed his tune on former top prospects he was too low on, like Slafkovsky. He has stuck to his guns regarding Benson vs Danielson here.

Overall, a fun list to read. Good offseason content!

Let me guess, he had Benson ranked considerably higher than Danielson? (Not sure how Benson could even be considered a prospect, but OK)

• Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Has Parekh and Buium way higher than I would. Seems that he is impressed with very high point totals.

Well well well...

With it being Wheeler, I've no doubt he heavily takes defensive ability into account and doesn't just pick players based on their stat sheet...

... Bahahahahahahahahaha.

Been saying this for years. Wheeler is a f***ing hack.

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
This is the problem with these writers. They think they know, and are forever being proven they don't, and people still pay money to see it. If looking at his lists over the years isn't enough to show he's clueless, and for that matter the rest of these guys that aren't employed full time by an NHL team, I don't know what to tell you. Even NHL scouts can't be right most days and they watch the players non stop. It's a grift in the truest sense.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
This is the problem with these writers. They think they know, and are forever being proven they don't, and people still pay money to see it. If looking at his lists over the years isn't enough to show he's clueless, and for that matter the rest of these guys that aren't employed full time by an NHL team, I don't know what to tell you. Even NHL scouts can't be right most days and they watch the players non stop. It's a grift in the truest sense.

Problem is, Scott gets grossly offended when you point out his history of being a stat-watcher.

Like... He makes Mrb1p look rational in his defense of himself.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
For a guy who would very thrilled to have Michkov or Smith in 2023 draft, I'm very very happy to see Demidov rank just after Michkov and ahead of Smith.

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
Problem is, Scott gets grossly offended when you point out his history of being a stat-watcher.

Like... He makes Mrb1p look rational in his defense of himself.
I'm well aware. He blocked me long ago for bringing up how wrong he's been. I'd far sooner read lists from people here so long as they aren't charging money. i do like some of the writeups that are done by certain sites, but again, if they were even remotely better than actual scouts for NHL teams, they'd be scouts for NHL teams

Reactions: Mudz

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I picked up on his stat watching BS when he ranked Seider outside the Top 20 in his D+1 AHL season. Then a month into Seider's D+2 SHL season, Wheeler said he was "Wrong about Seider"... And then proceeded to rank him outside the Top 10 on his next ranking.

... Seider was SHL defenseman of the year, that season. :laugh:
Doing the same with Nikishin. Barely gets in the top 10 here

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I'm well aware. He blocked me long ago for bringing up how wrong he's been. I'd far sooner read lists from people here so long as they aren't charging money. i do like some of the writeups that are done by certain sites, but again, if they were even remotely better than actual scouts for NHL teams, they'd be scouts for NHL teams

I'm pretty sure my permaban from commenting on Athletic articles was for pointing out his inability to evaluate traits outside offensive ability, and then sourcing historical examples from his old lists when he got pissy about the suggestion that he was a stat watcher.

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
I'm pretty sure my permaban from commenting on Athletic articles was for pointing out his inability to evaluate traits outside offensive ability, and then sourcing historical examples from his old lists when he got pissy about the suggestion that he was a stat watcher.
Same. he's not the only one though. i understand they cater to the chaos and if they really cared about the name they create for themselves, blocking would be last option, not the first

Reactions: DaveG

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
He had some irrational defense for including Benson even though he's played more games than Bedard but didn't include him.

Care to share Benson and Danielson's rankings specifically? (I actually have an Athletic account, but when it switched over to NYT it logged me out on the phone, and I can't remember my FB password to get logged back in lol)

I don't even have a problem with Benson. I just know Scott's gotta shit on Danielson because he has no concept of how to evaluate a player that plays a 200 ft. game and isn't all offense.

It's the same reason I was able to successfully predict he'd love ASP in his Detroit rankings. He's a broken record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad