What's your most interesting NFL storyline going into season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I think it is still a thing to watch only because he takes a lot of contact for a QB. He gets sacked quite a bit and takes a lot of hits with how often he runs. Jackson is damned tough, but it's a lot of hits.

He's slimmed down to 200-205 from I think 230 a couple of years back, which I think is part of the reason why. Furthermore, he's a much better passer than guys like Vick or Newton ever have been so even if his running ability diminishes, he's still a guy who can be extremely effective from the pocket.

I don't think he's going to be MVP level for another ten years but I do think he'll show the most longevity of the massive dual-threats.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm interested in both North divisions , does Pitt and Minny come last?
Rookie Bills WR Coleman , is he legit.
Everything I've seen from Keon Coleman makes me like him more and more. Kid seems to have a great head on his shoulders, he's in a great situation for a young WR coming up.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He's slimmed down to 200-205 from I think 230 a couple of years back, which I think is part of the reason why. Furthermore, he's a much better passer than guys like Vick or Newton ever have been so even if his running ability diminishes, he's still a guy who can be extremely effective from the pocket.

I don't think he's going to be MVP level for another ten years but I do think he'll show the most longevity of the massive dual-threats.
I honestly thought Newton was a pretty solid passer in his prime. Not like a Brady or Rodgers level but he would absolutely pick you apart if he had to.

It's a weird paradox where you lament a guy being blessed with such ridiculous physical gifts because those gifts (and the Panthers electing to use him as battering ram) is what ended up ending his prime and then shortly after, his career.

Lamar in theory should age better though like you said. He's much smarter about taking contact and he's so fast where losing half a step as he ages means he's probably still a step ahead of everybody

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I honestly thought Newton was a pretty solid passer in his prime. Not like a Brady or Rodgers level but he would absolutely pick you apart if he had to.

It's a weird paradox where you lament a guy being blessed with such ridiculous physical gifts because those gifts (and the Panthers electing to use him as battering ram) is what ended up ending his prime and then shortly after, his career.

Lamar in theory should age better though like you said. He's much smarter about taking contact and he's so fast where losing half a step as he ages means he's probably still a step ahead of everybody
Cam also decided to go all vegan and stuff.... that didn't help.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

Oh, I didn't mean that Newton was bad as a passer (he was way better/more consistent than Vick) but I can see how that came across. I just mean that Jackson is also a tier above.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Everything I've seen from Keon Coleman makes me like him more and more. Kid seems to have a great head on his shoulders, he's in a great situation for a young WR coming up.
Should not have been a 2nd round pick. Guessing he wouldn’t have been if the Bills didn’t trade down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad