Whats up with Matty Beniers?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Went from winning the Calder, to a huge sophomore slump (15G 37P), and so far only 1 assist in 7GP this season.

Granted the Kraken were 29th in scoring last season, but middle of the pack 14th in GF/G so far this season.

Just a matter of time, or is he really struggling?

Reactions: dalewood12

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
definitely had the sads when I lived in Seattle. Did a lot of drugs to stay on an even keel but I can see where that wouldn't work for a pro hockey player.

Maybe he's following the MacKinnon model and you'll end up signing him to a pretty small contract that turns into one of the steals of the league when his super powers kick in.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
His ES production since the start of last year is just staggeringly terrible relative to his usage. It's not like he isn't being put in positions to succeed but his production looks like what you'd get if you took an average 4C and gave him 1C minutes.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Is he helping the team win?
You can't win without a good penalty kill and teammate. He even helps get shots on net by bringing the puck into the offensive zone. Sometimes he may not get awarded for an assist because he passed to the player that got the second assist.

Reactions: MuckOG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad