Whats up with Laine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but Laine is and will probably always be a streaky player.

He'll get 2 goals in 11 games.

Then he'll get 14 goals in 8 games.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Really guys? We had to deal with Laine bs Matthews their entire rookie year and some of it last year, AND hear all the "I take Laine" AND hear they drafted the wrong guy, and NOW we aren't allowed to compare them?

HAHA What? They went 1st and 2nd OA in the same ****ing draft

I personally don't care for either player, as I am not a fan of either team. I'd be fine with the OP asking what's wrong with him and the not scoring. The problem I have is the gloating at the end. Like, we get it it. Matthews is scoring. I just wanna talk hockey. If I wanted to cum to the Leafs, I'd watch Sportsnet and TSN. (Drawback of living in Ontario even if Detroit is actually closer to me :laugh:)

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
He/They need Duchene
2C will be the reason they regress

This should have been rectified I was pushing it all summer everyone blasted back Roslovic was ready.

It's happening exactly as predicted and felt throughout the lineup .

Now it will probually be more costly to aquire a solid 2C because of the obvious desperation.... this isent going away.

It's going to cost them the season.

If Helly misses any time they are weak there as well .

Howard Beale

Apr 7, 2010
He is stuck with the line combination that he has been the least effective with (by far) since entering the league...

Catch a game and see for yourself. Little will find laine in open ice like once every 10 games while both laine and ehlers are rather weak at the boards... they have different playstyles and dont compliment eachother well at all. Watch all of laines 44 goals last season and see how many are due to little despite playing over half a season together.

Honestly its just lame at this point. Matthews is due for a monster season and is sepparating himself big time no question about it.

Laine should still be able to catch up with his epic streaks but next to little i doubt it. None of his hattricks is with little for a good reason. None of little laine and ehlers should be on the same line in my opinion.
What would be a better line combination for Laine? Roslovic at centre?

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
What would be a better line combination for Laine? Roslovic at centre?

Roslovic is not ready he had non existent positive impact pre- season and currently good young player obviously not ready.

Little is A solid 3C and should never see second line duties again or power play time of any sort.

Better defensive version of Bozak . With slightly less offensive skills . This current Center set up will get mauled in the playoffs .

Duchene and Anderson from Ottawa
And a established LHD to lighten Morriseys load .

Something similar to this or they regress quite a bit and bounced early.

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Lots of Jets fans blaming the line chemistry for a few of their players struggles. What would you guys want them to look like?

Little is one of my favourites dating back to his days as a Barrie Colt and I view him as a solid player who does he play best with?

I also hope they don’t move Connor off that top line got him in fantasy and he is one heck of a player.

Personally I wouldn’t be worried about Laine he goes on tears multiple times a year, I would be a little more worried about what’s going on with Ehlers. Wouldn’t mind tuning into a game to see for myself but is the coach just killing him?

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
players that start seasons slow often don't have their best years. Having said that Laine is the exception and they'll go in for him and he'll get his 50. I wouldn't worry about Winnipeg or Laine.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
He'll be fine. Once he gets going with that shot he'll score 40+ easily. Winnipeg hasn't played to their standards. Let's revisit this in about a month.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
It's probably a couple things;

1. Laine isn't a play/line driver so he needs people to set him up.
2. Maurice isn't giving him the right players to set him up.
3. Top goal scorers are often streaky and this is probably a cold run.

paragon

May 5, 2010
Wasn't this thread made last year as well? Laine usually starts the season slow.
No he doesn't . You can't even claim that with a sample size of two seasons. During his first season he started hot and that's when people were constantly talking about his shooting%.

He simply has zero chemistry with Little. During his fist season he actually scored a lot of goals on EV when he was playing with Scheifele. Last season he scored mostly on PP. And even with the small sample size of this season both of his points came when Little was on the bench.

The whole team is on a cold streak and I blame Maurice for not even trying to mix it up.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
It's probably a couple things;

1. Laine isn't a play/line driver so he needs people to set him up.
2. Maurice isn't giving him the right players to set him up.
3. Top goal scorers are often streaky and this is probably a cold run.

Laine is a lot quicker and better this year (and so he will be for the next 3-4 years as well) so we don't know if he can drive a line or not. Last year not so much.

But the line he is in is literally the worst combo available statistically. Even putting him into the third line with Copp would yield much better results. They just take the worst possible combination available. It's maddening.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Little is AHL-level at this point.
Little has set up Laine multiple times this season. Not his fault Laine is slumping hard. Not that Finnish fans won't blame him of course, the golden boy can never slump due to his own play

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Little has set up Laine multiple times this season. Not his fault Laine is slumping hard. Not that Finnish fans won't blame him of course, the golden boy can never slump due to his own play

You are just talking nonsense. Little has setup Laine? Yeah like twice in the last 1,5 years.

And no-one is blaming Little. He doesn't make the lines.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018

Little has played 10 NHL seasons he had 40 assists 1 year and 30 assists 1year he paced for more than 30 two others but never got there .

That is not the type of C for a potential 50-60 G guy its one of the most obvious things I can see in the league. I'm a huge fan of little he is an ideal 3C .

He is not known for great vision or playmaking /creative abilities the exact thing pure shooters need.

It's one of the the top 10 overlooked things in the league right up there with a shutdown D for Toronto or Quality keeper for Philly.

It's like there is some force keeping these teams from succeeding lol

Can someone make a Post or Poll of the Top Ten Obvious Omissions

It's like some GMs or Owners have a curse that keeps them from seeing the most obvious needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad