What's the worst word/saying on this site

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
AINEC
Generational
Celly
Salty
Apple
Gino
"Start with your best player and then add. Then add some more and maybe you don't get hung up on."
Chucky
Gally
Hater
"The refs and/or NHL hate us"
CORSI
Advanced Stats
Credibility
Beauty
Negative Value
Strawman

I agree with a lot of these but what's wrong with "negative value"?

If a player's contract is so bad you'd have to add pieces just to get rid off him, then the player in question indeed has negative value in a trade. Although, with teams now having the option of retaining salary, it's a less frequent problem.

Last edited:

FlyersFanSinceBirth

Jul 1, 2010
I agree with a lot of these but what's wrong with "negative value"?

If a player's contract is so bad you'd have to add pieces just to get rid off him, then the player in question indeed has negative value in a trade. Although, with teams now having the option of retaining salary, it's a less frequent problem.
It's ridiculously overused.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Selfish/Unselfish, in particular, the idea that shooting is inherently selfish and passing inherently unselfish.

"I watch [player]/[team] and I see a..." or "Nothing about him screams 1st line center to me", or any other phrase used to disguise statements that are really nothing but rough estimations of ability.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
My New Years resolution will be to start using more of these awesome words and sayings.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
When fans use players nicknames.

I'm trying to picture a fan walking up to a player in person & using "Webs", "Nealer", "Jarny", "Couts", etc. I would laugh until I cried.

Reactions: td_ice

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
“Dumpster fire”, “Tire Fire”. “Pump your brakes”. Just overused. Trendy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad