What's the most goals in a season Laine will score in Montreal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What's the most goals in a season Laine will score in Montreal?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Laine just got traded to Montreal. Obviously, there's a lot of history there, not fitting in Winnipeg, and now Columbus - some off ice issues, and of course a lot of injuries his whole career.

A very talented player, and goal-scorer especially, but also very streaky.

I'm a Montreal fan - but is Montreal the right market for him? in some ways it could be great, but in other ways it could be a terrible fit. So who knows - so many ways this can play out. Maybe Laine doesn't even last a full year in Montreal, or maybe he spends a long and successful career with the Habs.

Poll question is - make a prediction. What is the most goals Patrick Laine will score in a single season while playing for the Habs?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
If healthy he definitely can hit 40 regularly, with good chemistry challenge for 50, but probably will keep struggling with missed games as before which makes 30 more realistic.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley and banks

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I'll shoot high. I think he has a 50 goal season in him....with a bunch of ifs attached. So I'll predict that. For funsies.

Reactions: KJoe88

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
If you disregard last year as an outlier and take % of games played in 22-23 and multiply that percentage by his best season of 44 G, 29.XX is what you get. So your range is a very good projection.
Id vote for more but I don't think he will put a full 82 or even a 70+ gp season , sure hope so!

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
40+

I'm not a Habs fan by any stretch, and I don't care for Laine much either. But I think Montreal is a great place for him. They're going to give him every chance to succeed. Paired with Suzuki, I think he can do a lot of damage.

Reactions: vancityluongo

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
29.... he hasnt played over 68 games since 18-19, I doubt he'll play a full season in the next 2 years.

With CLB he averaged 34G/82GP the past 3 seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
He's still young enough to turn the trend around. But I still hedged a bit and said 30-39.

Obviously he has the physical talent to score more than that, but he is apparently lacking in the oft-ignored durability and mental characteristics.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I think he's due to play a full season in the next couple years and even with CBJ he paced for over 30 goals in 2 out of those 4 seasons and either hit or paced for 30+ every year in WPG. Don't think he'll quite get back to 40 there but 30-39 easily if he can play a full season.

Reactions: ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad