Whats the equivalent of this image for International Hockey?

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
1723331233415.png

3 legends that defined an era on one team, whats the equivalent in todays hockey?

Reactions: awegrzyn

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
For those not watching basketball and the NBA, they're just 3 dudes playing basketball. Just like for those not watching the NHL, NHL players will be just a bunch playing hockey.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Well LeBron and Curry would be Crosby and Ovi, so maybe

Crosby/LeBron = best all around player of a generation/face of the league. Most hyped prospects ever arguably.

Ovi/Curry = best shooters of all time, co face of the league.

I gotta give KD Malkin. Big and skilled, most naturally gifted , played in the shadow of Crosby/Curry.

So I think the closest would be those 3, obviously that could never happen because Crosby isn't Russian.

Closest that could happen I guess would be Crosby/McDavid/MacKinnon. Although all 3 of those NBA players played in the same generation unlike McDavid and MackInnon who came 8 and 10 years after Crosby.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
There is no current equivalent. McDavid is the "face of the league" and current best player (I think that's pretty much no longer debatable at this point), and he's never represented his country at a major tournament. Same with other stars of this generation like MacKinnon, Mathews, etc.. The closest they got was a mixed Team North America (youngstars) in 2016 - and that group failed to Medal.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad