What's the deal with tomorrow's start in Seattle?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
He’ll need 2 umbrellas, a Lululemon or Arc’teryx raincoat, and a Starbucks coffee for Vancouver.
Nah, the weather isnt bad in Vancouver lately and we havent even fired up the heating system. Its actually nice weather, overcast today with a bit of drizzle. Still T shirt weather 😅

Let's crawl out from behind the curtain for a second
It's a business. They want to make money but the broadcasters also call the shots and want a day of hockey.

View attachment 913518
It's one time a year, everyone has DVRs and a lot of people can stream from their desks.

Also remember that we hockey fans do this for every u18 tourney
Wish Canada had ESPN+, Sportsnet sucks balls and we need to pay $20 per month which is a huge rip off and thats only to watch the home team play. For watching other teams it is even more

Reactions: LemonSauceD

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Let's crawl out from behind the curtain for a second
It's a business. They want to make money but the broadcasters also call the shots and want a day of hockey.

View attachment 913518
It's one time a year, everyone has DVRs and a lot of people can stream from their desks.

Also remember that we hockey fans do this for every u18 tourney
Except a franchise only gets 1 "first home opener" in their existence. This is that day for Seattle. It's a crap move that screams they give no craps about the fans. We already knew that though. It's just frustrating.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Sounds like a good excuse to "go home sick" from work and enjoy a cheap hockey game to me. Skipping school, calling out sick to work...just like a Red Sox home opener
For you guys back east that's a normal mentality and your employers 'get it' and are likely going to the game too tho. It doesn't work like that out here. Especially not in hockey. It's a different world in many ways, this is just one of them. I'm just super bummed for the actual Kraken fans who are essentially forced to do just that - use PTO of some kind in order to go. They shouldn't have to.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
This is the same league that opened the season the same day there were lots of pre-season games........
Baseball does that pretty much every year. In fact, the two teams that statf the season with an international series usually come back and play more preseason games. I'm not sure if the NBA has ever started their season with international games during the preseason period or not.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
That's about the same as here, 19c isn't balmy though, I'd say anything here above 32c is balmy. 19c is really nice....
Nah balmy means warm. I would die if its above 32C, thats like too hot to go outside, nothing pleasently warm about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad