What's one thing that would make you completely quit your team and never come back?

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Whether it be a player they draft/sign/trade for, a staff member they hire, etc. What's one thing that if your team did, would make you quit on them and never come back?

For me if I find my team protecting confirmed abusers, I would be anti-them asap. Which is honestly why I'm glad the Sens at least cut contact with Formenton well before the investigation for the 2018 Hockey Canada abusers.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The NHL allowing Dolan to make more demands and force the NHL to move the Islanders. That’s basically it. Then again that would make me lose all faith in the NHL in general.

Reactions: FoxYou727

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
If management returned to being incompetent/ treated their fans poorly (like Duane the Sabres fan kind of a situation with knock-offs and misspelled names, or downright botched trades or bad signings), or if they encouraged being the initiator of goonery after the whistles I'd probably get fed up.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
So I’m a Browns fan, which I know is weird. I hate Deshaun Watson. I’ve found that I cannot just stop being a fan of a team. But I have also found that I can give a significant amount less of a shit about them. I’ve become more of a football fan than a Browns fan. But I can’t just stop being a fan of something I’ve enjoyed my whole life, is what it is.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
I can only think of a situation which is not very commonplace. If my team decided to relocate elsewhere. Sure, it's the same players more or less, but for me, my team is tied into the city in which I grew up, so if they move somewhere else, there will be no connection, historic or otherwise.

Full Disclosure: Oilers fan through and through since 1980.

P.S. Even in the Op's case with Ottawa and Formenton...I wouldn't necessarily slag the entire team with the same brush. I would want my team to give the inept management the boot. Look at Chicago - certainly it was a terrible situation, but they got rid of the management/personnel. It is true that employees can taint the view of a company, but most of us are mature enough to see the distinction in specific management/personnel accountability, rather than blame the entire team. There are good and bad people in every organization, sports or otherwise.

Reactions: Lshap

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don’t think I will quit forever, BUT, if the Leafs re-sign Marner to some ridiculous extension I am done till he is gone. We ain’t winning shit, it would be a waste of time to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad