Whats more exciting? The draft lottery or the actual draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProctorSilex

Vman said:
When will the lottery and draft take place? I can't wait!
Anyways, I think both will be very exciting this year.

I heard Bob McKenzie speculate that they'll hold the lottery at the same press conference they announce the CBA at sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
I would like to see this:

July 6th-Press Conference,new Cba,announce how Lottery will be dne
July 7th-Lottery
July7th-21st- Two week, No Deals allowed..allowing Gm's to learn new CBA
21st and beyong- RFA
July 28th- Nhl Draft
August 5th- Free Agency

Figgles*

I was watching ESPN this morning and according to them the lottery will be held on or around the 11th.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
Chimaera said:
If Crosby goes to a team that made the playoffs last year, that's a sad day for a lot of the teams in the league.

Once all of the high salary teams buy out and cut players to get under the cap, teams will look much different. Making the playoffs a couple of years ago will mean very little this year.

espo*

For me the draft itself is usually way more exciting but this year is different.We all know Crosby is going number one ......the only question is.................................to who?That's why i'll have such anticipation for the lottery this year and so will fans from every team in the league.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The lottery IMO will be much more exciting. But, if I were the NHL, I would hold the draft in complete secrecy, don't tell anyone, and keep the fans guessing untill draft day. It'd be hard to keep it a secret, but hopefully they could try their hardest. If that happened, that'd be even better IMO.

BTW, I'm not making a prediction, but my sources tell me the draft'll be August 7th. Quite a while, but I guess that's how they've got to do it.

coyoteshockeyfan

Mar 17, 2004
Coyote Country
Definately the draft is more exciting for me, Id like the Yotes to win the lottery of course, but there is only a small chance of that happening. Besides that, I really dont care all that much where Crosby ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad