What's going on with Robin Lehner?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's probably done forever.

It would be one thing if he were playing in another league somewhere and showed up on a PTO in a year or two (like Kulemin lol), but that's not the case here.

I don't think there's much of a question of him being done or not, like there is with Landeskog.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I once saw him at a saltwater fish store we had in Ottawa when he was still playing here.

I was friendly with the owner and was talking to him after. He was saying that Lehner was spending obscene amounts of $ on corals and fish especially for someone who was just getting started in the hobby (at the time).

I now wonder if I witnessed the early days of his exotic animal addiction…

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Not sure if you're offended by my post, but snake farmin' is work, my friend.

When the sun rises, I'm up at the call of the rooster to feed the rooster to all my snakes. Ain't much, but it's an honest livin'. I like my days long, and my snakes longer. Nothin' better than a nice whiskey on my porch after a day of snakin'.

I hope you can find the peace in your heart to forgive me if my previous message brought you any unrest.
Some people have never herded snakes, that’s not at all easy

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Him and the Golden Knights are circumventing the cap by having him on LTIR and waiting out his contract. I doubt he's even rehabbing anything and he won't play for the Vegas Golden Knights again.

Half the players in the league above 30 could probably qualify for LTIRetirement due to some sort of long term issue that would be evident enough for them to be deemed eligible by a physician, but can be willingly played through with discomfort.

It's pretty obvious that so long as players and teams have the same priority, LTIR can be worked around. Vegas aren't the only team who does it. Look at Clarke MacArthur coming back in Ottawa when I assume he determined one last shot at the cup was worth whatever risk he was taking, and then after still being able to play at a reasonable level, went back into LTIRetirement after the Sens run. Look at Hossa choosing to not play through his dermatology issue when he no longer has incentive to do so (salary dropping, Chicago's window getting smaller, etc).

I don't know about Lehner's situation, but I'm just pointing out that if both a team and player would rather the players not play, most players above 30 probably have an issue that would qualify them for LTIRetirement.

Reactions: joestevens29

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Him and the Golden Knights are circumventing the cap by having him on LTIR and waiting out his contract. I doubt he's even rehabbing anything and he won't play for the Vegas Golden Knights again.
So you’re saying he’s not actually injured? I guess that means you expect him to play elsewhere once his contract is up?

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
So you’re saying he’s not actually injured? I guess that means you expect him to play elsewhere once his contract is up?
Yeah, he's not injured, or at least he's not been rehabbing the injury in the manner that he will return to the ice. And no, he won't play anywhere else. He will stay in USA for the rest of his life.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Even when he was an NHL calibre goalie he didn't seem like the most solid option to lean on, consistency or overall performance wise. Didn't Vegas miss the playoffs the only season when he was a starter there?

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Yeah, he's not injured, or at least he's not been rehabbing the injury in the manner that he will return to the ice. And no, he won't play anywhere else. He will stay in USA for the rest of his life.
So in what way is Vegas circumventing the cap?

If he planned to come back only for the playoffs, then yeah I could see how you have an argument. But there are a ton of players all over the league who finish their careers on LTIR under the same circumstances.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
So in what way is Vegas circumventing the cap?

If he planned to come back only for the playoffs, then yeah I could see how you have an argument. But there are a ton of players all over the league who finish their careers on LTIR under the same circumstances.
It's simple. Vegas don't want his AVV to count towards the cap and he probably doesn't want to play, even though he can. It wouldn't surprise me if Vegas are helping him with his economic problems on the side to keep him happy and his mouth shut.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Is his contract insured? Because if it is the insurance company would sure be checking to make sure he’s actually hurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad