What's going on with Robin Lehner?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
For a guy that's still only 33 and massive financial issues, does anyone know if he plans on playing pro hockey again?

He's still under contract and it's unusual to not hear any sort of injury status report for over a year. I don't remember that it was ever announced that his injury was career-ending or that he wasn't planning on returning.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I seem to recall he had some lawsuit with an exotic pet dealer and he claimed that former head coach Alain Vigneault (whom he never played for, but talked to those that had) had players consume addictive pain medication to stay in the lineup.

So basically he’s off the radar these days.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Retired but not retired and Vegas is quit happy for him not to try to come back. HE is injured and dealing with issues

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
For a guy that's still only 33 and massive financial issues, does anyone know if he plans on playing pro hockey again?

He's still under contract and it's unusual to not hear any sort of injury status report for over a year. I don't remember that it was ever announced that his injury was career-ending or that he wasn't planning on returning.
Lehner had several hip surgeries and was rumored to be rehabbing as of May 2023 in Sweden but the GM wasn’t up to date on Robin’s condition, so it looks like Lehner’s career is over, as Vegas seems content to leave Robin on LTIR for the remainder of his contract.

I would expect Vegas to make some sort of announcement that Robin Lehner would remain on LTIR for this upcoming season, just like they announced for last season after training camp physicals.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

This is news to me, what's the story here?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
This is news to me, what's the story here?
One part of Knights goaltender’s bankruptcy case is closed

The Lehners filed for bankruptcy on Dec. 30, 2022. Filings showed the Lehners owed creditors $27.3 million.

Lehner also faced allegations of fraud.

Records showed Lehner owed $4 million in loans to Las Vegas businessman Michael Borden, who claimed Lehner misled him into believing they could be repaid.

Lehner was sued for $4 million by Eclipse Service Inc., a Wisconsin-based heating, ventilation and air conditioning company.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I always liked him as a player. He had a lot of fierce energy in net.

I also always liked how he championed for mental health. I'm sure that he helped some people by being brave and honest when he was dealing with things.

But the stories about the snake museum and exotic cars seem to depict someone that's not focused on an NHL career anymore. Combine that with the health/surgery and there's like no chance he makes a comeback

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
How dare people have hobbies outside of work!
Not sure if you're offended by my post, but snake farmin' is work, my friend.

When the sun rises, I'm up at the call of the rooster to feed the rooster to all my snakes. Ain't much, but it's an honest livin'. I like my days long, and my snakes longer. Nothin' better than a nice whiskey on my porch after a day of snakin'.

I hope you can find the peace in your heart to forgive me if my previous message brought you any unrest.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015

Him and the Golden Knights are circumventing the cap by having him on LTIR and waiting out his contract. I doubt he's even rehabbing anything and he won't play for the Vegas Golden Knights again.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Not sure if you're offended by my post, but snake farmin' is work, my friend.

When the sun rises, I'm up at the call of the rooster to feed the rooster to all my snakes. Ain't much, but it's an honest livin'. I like my days long, and my snakes longer. Nothin' better than a nice whiskey on my porch after a day of snakin'.

I hope you can find the peace in your heart to forgive me if my previous message brought you any unrest.
Upon further inspection, I may have misunderstood your post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad