OT: Whatcha Playin? 4.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
That's how I am with Skyrim. Except it's just Skyrim over and over for 10 years.

Ima show my age. I was all about Oblivion played the hell out of it but never played Skyrim. Looking for games one day while bored and my son says "Skyrims great and on sale". This was a few months ago. I just couldn't get over how clunky the controls felt. I know its an old game but I'm spoiled by newer game engines and just can't do old

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Ima show my age. I was all about Oblivion played the hell out of it but never played Skyrim. Looking for games one day while bored and my son says "Skyrims great and on sale". This was a few months ago. I just couldn't get over how clunky the controls felt. I know its an old game but I'm spoiled by newer game engines and just can't do old
Morrowind was the first I played in high school or thereabouts. Skyrim is among my all time favorite though.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Meanwhile, I am younger than most of you here and I play Dragon Age Origins and Age of Empires 2 (DE).
Dragon Age is a fantastic game, and still holds up very well. It helps that the main quest is extremely vengeance driven. I miss old Bioware, they put out Baldur's Gate 1+2, KOTOR, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age: Origins all in just over a decade. That's an extremely solid list of games. Some of my all time favorites.

Morrowind was the first I played in high school or thereabouts. Skyrim is among my all time favorite though.
Morrowind, though, is at the top of my list of favorite video games. I played it on xbox during high school (and it ran like shit, that was not a stable game) and despite all the bugs and combat being a weird mix of real time and dice rolling, I fell in love. Exploring Vvardenfell was an absolute delight. Except for all the cliff racers. f*** those things.

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
It's horrible to try and play an old classic like Hexen: Beyond Heretic or Duke Nukem 3D and realize that the touch is absolutely gone from your fingers.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Dragon Age is a fantastic game, and still holds up very well. It helps that the main quest is extremely vengeance driven. I miss old Bioware, they put out Baldur's Gate 1+2, KOTOR, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age: Origins all in just over a decade. That's an extremely solid list of games. Some of my all time favorites.

Morrowind, though, is at the top of my list of favorite video games. I played it on xbox during high school (and it ran like shit, that was not a stable game) and despite all the bugs and combat being a weird mix of real time and dice rolling, I fell in love. Exploring Vvardenfell was an absolute delight. Except for all the cliff racers. f*** those things.
Loved the setting but never spent as much time as I'd like due to the jank you mentioned.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If they remastered Morrowind instead of just re-releasing Skyrim for the 30th time, I’d have been so happy.

I have and love Morrowind, but it’s difficult to ignore how outdated it looks, even with mods trying to fix that.

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014
GTA Online's newest update is fun. You kill a lot of people at Dr. Dre's behest for trying to publish his stolen tracks and finally get a memory stick of his new music.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
GTA Online's newest update is fun. You kill a lot of people at Dr. Dre's behest for trying to publish his stolen tracks and finally get a memory stick of his new music.
At least someone finally punished the music thieves.

for years after seeing the South Park napster episode, i was so angry that Britney Spears and Metallica couldn’t afford the most up to date private plane because people were stealing their music.

Reactions: Lempo

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014
At least someone finally punished the music thieves.

for years after seeing the South Park napster episode, i was so angry that Britney Spears and Metallica couldn’t afford the most up to date private plane because people were stealing their music.
Damn you. I felt so good about having shot a lot of NPC people and blown up automobiles, and now you have ruined it for me.

I was the motherf***ing bad guy* here.

(* Actually gal, because my daughter created the character.)

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I've been playing a lot of Fortnite lately to stay in touch with my cousin and I am surprised at how much better I've got at aiming. Still have a lot of work to do when it comes to building but I'll get there.

Hades is a lot of fun.

I got a platinum on Far Cry 6. I really enjoyed it. The missions with the PX-240 can die in a fire though.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I've been playing the entire Yakuza series for a year, since it's the closest thing I'll get to international travel for a while.

In the process, I've gotten decently good at Shogi and Japanese (riichi) Mahjong.

Reactions: DaveG and Lempo

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I've been playing the entire Yakuza series for a year, since it's the closest thing I'll get to international travel for a while.

In the process, I've gotten decently good at Shogi and Japanese (riichi) Mahjong.

What in your opinion is the right order to play this series?

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I started MGSV a few weeks ago and am very impressed with how its held up. The only MGS I played before this was on the original PS, the one that had Solid Snake and that weak ass guy( not worth looking up his name) so its been a long time since I have played anything in the series.

Reactions: DaveG

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
What in your opinion is the right order to play this series?

I did it in order chronologically, from 0 to 6, and am now playing 7. I think it was the right order. The jumps in game mechanics were a bit weird -- 0 was basically a brand new prequel, and Kiwami 1 and 2 were remastered to match 0, so going back to 3 felt like going back to play on N64 or something -- but I felt like I enjoyed the plot more having followed it from the very beginning.

7 / Like a Dragon is very different, it's a party-based RPG instead of a beat-em-up and the cast of characters is completely different, but the world is the same, and it's the world I'm there for. Having a giant TV and essentially wandering around Tokyo and Osaka and Sapporo and Hiroshima and Okinawa and Yokohama has been pretty damned cool.

Reactions: MinJaBen and DaveG

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I've been playing a lot of Fortnite lately to stay in touch with my cousin and I am surprised at how much better I've got at aiming. Still have a lot of work to do when it comes to building but I'll get there.
Building was my major hangup with Fortnite as well. I didn’t like it because 1) I sucked at it and 2) you need to spend 10-15 minutes just knocking down houses and trees to have enough materials to even have a chance in the endgame.

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Ive been playing a couple different games. Stellaris, Civ 6. Got Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze early for Christmas and ive been playing that as well.

Reactions: DaveG

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Building was my major hangup with Fortnite as well. I didn’t like it because 1) I sucked at it and 2) you need to spend 10-15 minutes just knocking down houses and trees to have enough materials to even have a chance in the endgame.

I've had some success being the sneaky bastard who gets to the base of forts during the "good players" endgame firefights, and then destroying the bases of the towers while they're going at it up high. It doesn't often work, but when it does, it is exceptionally satisfying.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I’m so tempted to buy Inscription on Steam, because everything I’ve seen of it is right up my alley. But I get a feeling my brother is going to gift it to me for Christmas, so I must wait a few more days.

And normally, I’d buy another game off my wishlist to tide me over, but trying to play two new games at once always ends up with one being left on the wayside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad