Proposal: What would You offer for Jake Allen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Maybe he is Hugo's monkey but i bet you he's right here
Maybe. Like LeBrun, I'm not an insider. But I don't think anyone wants Allen's contract for a year and a half without incentive. I don't think the Habs have any real need to do that either.

It's not hard to pick up a Brossoit type in the offseason for cheap. I think Allen might move next year. This year it's all about suckering Habs fans for clicks.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Allen was and will be a good back-up. The problem is that we really don't know how he will do with a contender level defense in front of him. There are games that he looks like a top 5 goalie and there are games that he let's in floating beach balls.

There is a LOT of demand right now for a good goalie, so the question is, who is will sell themselves into believing that Allen is the solution? And of course, be willing to be fleeced.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Maybe. Like LeBrun, I'm not an insider. But I don't think anyone wants Allen's contract for a year and a half without incentive. I don't think the Habs have any real need to do that either.

It's not hard to pick up a Brossoit type in the offseason for cheap. I think Allen might move next year. This year it's all about suckering Habs fans for clicks.

I don’t think the habs will retain, but I think they might take a poison pill back to offset salaries in order to get a decent asset be it a pick or a prospect.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Allen to Leafs for Niemela and we take Samsanov contract back?
Why? We are trying to push Monty into a serious starter while Primeau finds his game. What are we going to do with Samsonov? Paper airplanes from the press box? And why Niemela?

Samsonov would be untradeable and for all the paper he will use to make airplanes, we want Knies. Sure, it's expensive but have you seen how much a box of paper is at Costco?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Why? We are trying to push Monty into a serious starter while Primeau finds his game. What are we going to do with Samsonov? Paper airplanes from the press box? And why Niemela?

Samsonov would be untradeable and for all the paper he will use to make airplanes, we want Knies. Sure, it's expensive but have you seen how much a box of paper is at Costco?
Samsonov would be to allow Toronto to fit Allen under the cap. Niemela or a 2nd, etc, would be the reason the Habs help out a divisional rival.

I suspect Hughes has set his price - something like a 3d rounder or equivalent prospect, along with no contracts beyond this season in return. Sooner or later someone will ante up.

Or some team will make a serious offer for Primeau instead.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Samsonov would be to allow Toronto to fit Allen under the cap. Niemela or a 2nd, etc, would be the reason the Habs help out a divisional rival.

I suspect Hughes has set his price - something like a 3d rounder or equivalent prospect, along with no contracts beyond this season in return. Sooner or later someone will ante up.

Or some team will make a serious offer for Primeau instead.
The problem is that Samsonov should not get any games and I doubt that will sit well with him.

Taking Samsonov of the Leafs hands would cost and then add the value of Allen. I just don't think Niemela is enough. Maybe Knies and we expand the trade further with Monahan/Savard.

One of those rare times where trading with a hated rival can work for both teams. One is in a win now space and one is building for the future.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

You will never get Knies. Samsanov gives depth in AHL. Just a year ago he was solid in Toronto. He's not as bad as this. Niemela could be solid right shot defense man. He's probably better than the third round pick we would get for Allen.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You will never get Knies. Samsanov gives depth in AHL. Just a year ago he was solid in Toronto. He's not as bad as this. Niemela could be solid right shot defense man. He's probably better than the third round pick we would get for Allen.
I don't know if you know that we have a train load of youngsters and more on the way. We need more offense.

Samsonov would clear wavers but do we really want someone who will hate playing in the AHL?

A 3rd rounder is better then used pucks but it doesn't create any real push to trade him now vs TD.

We shall see...

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
We don't need Niemela. We have so many good young defenseman in the system.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
I don’t think the habs will retain, but I think they might take a poison pill back to offset salaries in order to get a decent asset be it a pick or a prospect.
Interesting, what does that look like?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't know if you know that we have a train load of youngsters and more on the way. We need more offense.

Samsonov would clear wavers but do we really want someone who will hate playing in the AHL?

A 3rd rounder is better then used pucks but it doesn't create any real push to trade him now vs TD.

We shall see...
Not on right side we don't. Savard is 31, Kovacevic I hope they trade. Barron I don't know about? He is a mystery? As is Mailloux? I doubt they keep both Mailloux and Barron long term.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
The problem is that Samsonov should not get any games and I doubt that will sit well with him.

Taking Samsonov of the Leafs hands would cost and then add the value of Allen. I just don't think Niemela is enough. Maybe Knies and we expand the trade further with Monahan/Savard.

One of those rare times where trading with a hated rival can work for both teams. One is in a win now space and one is building for the future.
So send Samsonov home or the ECHL. The goal is to move Allen and get a positive return, taking Samsonov makes that possible.
Knies is a pipe dream. Better get a pick or a kid our scouts like.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Interesting, what does that look like?

Something like the Samsonov plus a decent asset for Allen type of thing that some have already discussed. Habs might even have a use for Samsonov since their AHL goalies have been terrible.

Somebody on an expiring contract that their current team wants gone plus the decent asset. 2nd/ 3rd or a struggling former late 1st whose still young and might need a change of scenery.

Last edited:
Reactions: pth2

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Something like the Samsonov plus a decent asset for Allen type of thing that some have already discussed. Habs might even have a use for Samsonov since their AHL goalies have been terrible.

Somebody on an expiring contract that their current team wants gone plus the decent asset. 2nd/ 3rd or a struggling former late 1st whose still young and might need a change of scenery.
I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad