What would you give up for Zegras OR Kaprizov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Why would Kaprizov even be available? He's all they got.
He's going to be a UFA and walk easily unless they get good fast. Wild will almost certainly be trading him at some point, unless they do something crazy at 15 million per and Kaprizov never wants to win.

Trading him this year, "might", get Minnesota the biggest haul or trade. A super star on a 1-year deal who needs to be signed or a TDL rental will only bring in so much for a rebuilding team. Idk what a trade would totally look like, I assume 1st rounders and atleast one top notch prospect.

Kirill Kaprizov – (C) Dylan Larkin – Lucas Raymond

Alex DeBrincat – J.T. Compher – Patrick Kane

Michael Rasmussen – (A) Andrew Copp – Christian Fischer

I think Yzerman can piece together a 3rd/4th line with the remaining parts on the roster that include Tarasenko. The PP would be insanely good, imo, easily top 5 in the league. That first line has potential to be the best in the league contending with the Oilers/Leafs.

Again, idk what a deal would look like, but If I keep Seider/Raymond/Edvinsson/Cossa I'm in!

Last edited:

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
He's going to be a UFA and walk easily unless they get good fast. Wild will almost certainly be trading him at some point, unless they do something crazy at 15 million per and Kaprizov never wants to win.

Trading him this year, "might", get Minnesota the biggest haul or trade. A super star on a 1-year deal who needs to be signed or a TDL rental will only bring in so much for a rebuilding team. Idk what a trade would totally look like, I assume 1st rounders and atleast one top notch prospect.

I think I can piece together a 3rd/4th line with the remaining parts on the roster. The PP would be insanely good, imo, easily top 5 in the league. That first line has potential to be the best in the league contending with the Oilers/Leafs.

Again idk what a deal would look like, but If I keep Seider/Raymond/Edvinsson/Cossa I'm in!

A trade for kaprizov will not be that easy. It would have to include seider or Raymond or they are not trading with us. Especially with 2 years left on his current contract at 9m

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
A trade for kaprizov will not be that easy. It would have to include seider or Raymond or they are not trading with us. Especially with 2 years left on his current contract at 9m
I haven't seen a star player moved that included someone like Raymond/Seider in a long time. Not, Karlsson/Eichel/etc.

I'd agree if he was already signed till 2028. Who knows though, you could be right. He'd arguably be the best player traded in the league since.... idk? People shouldn't be upset giving up a bag though, he could be the best Russian player and that with Kucherov/Panarin around.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I haven't seen a star player moved that included someone like Raymond/Seider in a long time. Not, Karlsson/Eichel/etc.

I'd agree if he was already signed till 2028. Who knows though, you could be right. He'd arguably be the best player traded in the league since.... idk? People shouldn't be upset giving up a bag though, he could be the best Russian player and that with Kucherov/Panarin around.

well, I think Huberdeau/Tkachuk and trades of that ilk could be like that but outside of 1-for-1s, I agree, we don't see players dealt for big returns.

Also, I'm not sure we want to deal Raymond for Kaprizov depending on their contract asks. Raymond at $8m for the next eight years is arguably more valuable to us than Kaprizov at $12m+ just because the extra cap space lets us make other moves.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Ya Weegar and Huberdeau for Tkachuk fits a similar mold but straight up, If a Kaprizov deal requires Raymond I am simply not doing that deal.
But Kaprizov is way better? You have to give to receive. Plus Raymond hasn't proven it more than one season. However I rather trade Cat but I doubt he would waive his NTC to go to Minnesota...

Reactions: Snuggs

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I’m not that high on Zegras. Seems like there’s a bit of Jonathan Drouin to his game. He can put up points when healthy but is not willing defensively. And how much more production is he going to have? I don’t see him becoming a regular PPG performer.

Kaprizov? Gimme. No Cossa, Ed, Kasper, Danielson or MBN. Any other prospect or pick is available.

I very much agree on the Drouin part. Zegras seems very cocky and really only caring about fancy moves and getting some points and that is it.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Ya Weegar and Huberdeau for Tkachuk fits a similar mold but straight up, If a Kaprizov deal requires Raymond I am simply not doing that deal.
I think I agree on both fronts... I want Kaprizov/Raymond/Edvinsson/Seider long-term. Where things get interesting and both sides think on it, including someone/people like yourself (imo, right now, lol).

Alex DeBrincat/ASP/Conditional 1st round pick.

Kirill Kaprizov(with extension in place, likely around an Auston Matthews number.)

That, might move the needle on both sides. IDK if DeBrincat has a NTC though.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
well, I think Huberdeau/Tkachuk and trades of that ilk could be like that but outside of 1-for-1s, I agree, we don't see players dealt for big returns.

Also, I'm not sure we want to deal Raymond for Kaprizov depending on their contract asks. Raymond at $8m for the next eight years is arguably more valuable to us than Kaprizov at $12m+ just because the extra cap space lets us make other moves.
I don't like the idea of making Raymond apart of a deal. I want Raymond/Kaprizov long-term. New version of Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne duo.

Reactions: Winger98

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
But Kaprizov is way better? You have to give to receive. Plus Raymond hasn't proven it more than one season. However I rather trade Cat but I doubt he would waive his NTC to go to Minnesota...

At 22 years old Raymond is coming off a 0.87 points per game season in the NHL.

When Kaprizov was 22 he was coming off a 0.89 points per game season in the KHL

Kaprizov will also likely cost at least 4 million more per year while being 5 years older.

I don't think I would trade Raymond for Kaprizov straight up, nevermind adding other pieces. Raymond just fits the longer term trajectory of this team so much better even though he is the lesser player (for now).

Id love to land Kaprizov but Raymond is a piece you build around.

Last edited:

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I think I agree on both fronts... I want Kaprizov/Raymond/Edvinsson/Seider long-term. Where things get interesting and both sides think on it, including someone/people like yourself (imo, right now, lol).

That, might move the needle on both sides. IDK if DeBrincat has a NTC though.
He has a modified NTC. He has to provide a 16 team trade list

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
I'd give up anything not named Seider, Raymond or Edvinsson for Kaprizov.

For Zegras? We'd basically have to steal him, a la DeBrincat.

Kaprizov, I'd give up anyone but Seider and Larkin.

The way I'd see it, we'd be paying whatever the other asset cost is to transform Raymond into Kaprizov. The hope is that Raymond becomes Kaprizov. What kind of cost would you pay to guarantee that Lucas Raymond becomes a 95-100 point forward? And you could potentially get a more reasonable overall cost because you'd be giving Minnesota back a really upper end wing that is younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad