What would you give for Drouin?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Blues can't trade Shatty this year, he'd leave a massive hole on D. Next year is when he gets moved. Hopefully Schmaltz and Parayko will be ready by then.

Well even if they are ready, they won't be ready for a top 4 role. I don't think Bortuzzo will either. More than likely one of them will make jump to split 3rd pairing/press box time with Bortuzzo. We'd still need a 2nd pairing righty. If Lindbohm progresses to a 2nd pairing role, maybe we let Gunnarson go and sign a 2nd pair righty from free agency. However, a cursory look shows the pickings are slim for good 2nd pairing guys in that price range. So maybe a trade for a 1 year rental. Either way, losing Shattenkirk and having Lindbohm, Parayko, Bortuzzo and Schmaltz as our bottom 4-7 is a lot of young guys who aren't proven yet. We are going to have a hole in our D if we trade him, be it now or a year from now.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well even if they are ready, they won't be ready for a top 4 role. I don't think Bortuzzo will either. More than likely one of them will make jump to split 3rd pairing/press box time with Bortuzzo. We'd still need a 2nd pairing righty. If Lindbohm progresses to a 2nd pairing role, maybe we let Gunnarson go and sign a 2nd pair righty from free agency. However, a cursory look shows the pickings are slim for good 2nd pairing guys in that price range. So maybe a trade for a 1 year rental. Either way, losing Shattenkirk and having Lindbohm, Parayko, Bortuzzo and Schmaltz as our bottom 4-7 is a lot of young guys who aren't proven yet. We are going to have a hole in our D if we trade him, be it now or a year from now.
Bortuzzo's not a rookie, and Lindbohm will gain experience this season. Next year that's only, at most, 2 rookies in the lineup. And if they are ready for playing time, why put that off? Especially when they have as high of ceilings as Schmaltz and Parayko do.

There's simply not going to be enough room to re-sign Gunnarsson for more than maybe one year.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Bortuzzo's not a rookie, and Lindbohm will gain experience this season. Next year that's only, at most, 2 rookies in the lineup. And if they are ready for playing time, why put that off? Especially when they have as high of ceilings as Schmaltz and Parayko do.

There's simply not going to be enough room to re-sign Gunnarsson for more than maybe one year.

I did say we will see how Lindbohm progresses. And yes, Bortuzzo isn't a rookie, but unless he plays in 74 games this year (something he hasn't been close to), he will have less than 200 NHL games to his name. Lindbohm will have 100 if he can play in 77 games. That isn't for sure as it is looking like he may be in store for some press box time. So trading Shatty and letting Gunnar walk would give us a D like this in 2016/17:

Jaybo - Petro
Lindbohm - Parayko
Edmundson/FA/Butler? - Schmaltz
Bortuzzo

That is a huge downgrade from our current setup unless the young guys develop insanely fast. There is a total of (using Edmundson) 4 seasons of experience outside the top 2. You don't throw young players to the wolves. You pair them with vets and let them ease into the game. Only the very best can come in and succeed right off the bat for a full season.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I did say we will see how Lindbohm progresses. And yes, Bortuzzo isn't a rookie, but unless he plays in 74 games this year (something he hasn't been close to), he will have less than 200 NHL games to his name. Lindbohm will have 100 if he can play in 77 games. That isn't for sure as it is looking like he may be in store for some press box time. So trading Shatty and letting Gunnar walk would give us a D like this in 2016/17:

Jaybo - Petro
Lindbohm - Parayko
Edmundson/FA/Butler? - Schmaltz
Bortuzzo

That is a huge downgrade from our current setup unless the young guys develop insanely fast. There is a total of (using Edmundson) 4 seasons of experience outside the top 2. You don't throw young players to the wolves. You pair them with vets and let them ease into the game. Only the very best can come in and succeed right off the bat for a full season.
I guess there was some confusion then, because I agree that defense is a disaster. I am by no means advocating trading Shattenkirk AND letting Gunnarsson walk. I'm simply saying we should let Gunnarsson go.

Bouw-Petro
Lindbohm-Shatty

And any combo of Bortuzzo/Schmaltz/Parayko/Edmundson on that 3rd pair. Sure there's 3 rookies there but we're gonna have some rookies on our team regardless these next couple years with Fabbri, Lindbohm, those 3 I just named, Barbashev, etc. all coming up. Just need to let them play IMO.

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
The Blues had an interest in Garrison last season. With Tampa's cap issues would they move him for Gunnarson ? Garrison 5.5, Gunnar 2.9. They have to start making cap room for Stamkos. Yes, that would put the Blues in Cap trouble, so would Tampa/Blues continue the discussion for other pieces?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I guess there was some confusion then, because I agree that defense is a disaster. I am by no means advocating trading Shattenkirk AND letting Gunnarsson walk. I'm simply saying we should let Gunnarsson go.

Understandable about the confusion. There was a line of conversation somewhere on this board about trading Gunnarsson at the TDL. I am 50/50 on that depending on any number of circumstances. But this thread, someone said we need to trade Shatty next year and we will be bett off cause of Schmaltz and Parayko. I was pointing out that our rookies wont be ready even next year to fill Shatty's shoes and we will create a hole by trading him regardless of when. Gunnar was mentioned to say we could maybe use his salary to help fill our right side if Lindbohm is ready for top 4 duty.

I think we need to stagger our young guys for when we bring them in. We are doing that by letting Lindbohm get playing time this year. Next year bring up the better of Schmaltz, Parayko and Edmundson, maybe 2 max with plenty of press box between them. But I definitely don't want half our 6 D to be first/second year players.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The Blues had an interest in Garrison last season. With Tampa's cap issues would they move him for Gunnarson ? Garrison 5.5, Gunnar 2.9. They have to start making cap room for Stamkos. Yes, that would put the Blues in Cap trouble, so would Tampa/Blues continue the discussion for other pieces?

Garrison veto'd the trade to us. He is still under the same contract. He still has the same no trade clause. No reason to expect he would come here now. Plus, do you really want a guy who doesn't want to be here?

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range

Garrison dislikes the Blues because he was a Canuck and therefore...tainted, like the rest of Vancouver.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
i wonder if schmaltz, musil and something would get it done for Drouin. Schmaltz is a projected top 4 dman and Tampa is in cap hell right now and need to resign a bunch of guys next summer including stammer and kucherov. I have a feeling they're gonna be unloading defensemen like carle and maybe stralman or garrison.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

carle is the guy we would look to move first

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I wouldn't trade Shattenkirk straight up for Drouin so I would hope it would be a significant, significant plus coming our way.

Shattenkirk is what the lightning need we don't need goalies or forwards. I don't see a fit for this trade at all this is why I think eklund is full of blank!

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Shattenkirk is what the lightning need we don't need goalies or forwards. I don't see a fit for this trade at all this is why I think eklund is full of blank!

Shattenkirk is not the only door to Drouin.

Filppula
Drouin

for

Backes
Rattie

? tear me to pieces, armstrong

edit: bolts need to lose some salary, not sure how shattenkirk can help that out at all. five of Tampas D are getting shattys salary... i wish people would stop trying to make this about shatty.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Filppula
Drouin

for

Backes
Rattie

edit: bolts need to lose some salary, not sure how shattenkirk can help that out at all. five of Tampas D are getting shattys salary... i wish people would stop trying to make this about shatty.

ya this trade sucks i'd hang up the phone if I was yzerman plus flipper has a nmc

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Filppula
Drouin

for

Backes
Rattie

yes Shattenkirk is the only door for drouin yzerman is not going to dump drouin for nothing why would he ? i'd just keep drouin no reason to move him! if you don't give yzerman what he wants he won't move drouin at all.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Idk man. I'm in the third season of Be A GM on NHL 15, and he just put up 68 goals in 75 games and has a 94 rating. That has to mean SOMETHING :sarcasm:

He is a beast in there lol. Barbashev and Fabbri turn into freaking cruise missles 95+ skating on mine. Barbashev has a cannon too

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
I thought Tampa fans asks for Drouin were bad, did anyone check out the Stamkos thread.

Hahahahahahahaha

They want Pietrangelo AND Tarasenko, and some asked for more.

What in the actual ****

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
He is a beast in there lol. Barbashev and Fabbri turn into freaking cruise missles 95+ skating on mine. Barbashev has a cannon too
Barbashev always turns into a stud lol, and Tarasenko stays at about an 86 rating and scores about 25 goals a year. I have a feeling the latter will change in this next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,010.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00