Speculation: What would Mitch Marner garner if he is dangled?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Let me be first to say that trading Marner is absolutely the last resort for the Leafs. I consider him untouchable or as close to untouchable as there is on the team. The only reason I rate Matthews higher is due to the position he plays, but Mitch drives his line being a winger and is hockey sense is honestly second to none.

Hypothetically, if the contract talks are difficult and Leafs begin entertaining offers for Mitch, what would your team offer?

From Montreal, I'd offer Shea Weber 50% retained, our 2020 1st unprotected, our 2021 1st and Primeau for Marner and Zaitsev. Would be willing to throw in prospects not named Suzuki, Romanov or Poehling as well. An offer richer than that, I would rather take the 4 1sts risk.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Deals I would be looking at

Dumba+12th overall (turned down by most wild fans)

Small steel, Josh Manson , 8th overall( turned down by duck fans as they dont see the use in spending so much on a winger)

Boqvist+2018 3rd overall

Makar+2018 4th overall(probably gets shot down by the avs)

Keller+Chychurn+2018 1st

Weresnki+Andersson+
Asa Wild fan, I would be all over the Dumba + #12 for Marner. I would also add a decent winger, like Donato/Greenway/Fiala.

Marner is awesome, and precisely what the Wild fans have been clamoring for for years. A young elite scorer.

On paper, it could work out for the Leafs. Getting the extra cap space ( Dumba is signed for 6M)+ Greenway+Newhook/Krebs/Caufield doesn't sound all that bad. I just think that Leafs fans would never forgive the team for trading Marner and keeping Nylander. All Marner has done is show up and produce since coming to TO, and he has won the fans hearts( even though they are unhappy right now).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad