Tribute What will the Rangers do for their 100th birthday?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Have honestly never heard the name Ching Johnson in my life but it looks like he was the 1930s Girardi/Lindgren?
the f***? hes a hall of fame defenseman with 2 first team all star and 2 seconds team all star awards, finished top 5 in the Hart twice, and won 2 cups.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
My expectations are a low because this org has always proven they rather do the bare minimum and just mail it in.

However, the Bruins this season have really set the bar for what to expect for a centennial.

- Special anniversary logo
- 3 new jerseys worn throughout the season
- Rafters reunion nights
- Era nights
- A Heritage Hall of Fame in the arena
- 100 days of hockey community outreach campaign
- Announcing a centennial team
- Commemorative books
- A four-part documentary focusing on the history of the team

Anything less than this, will be a disappointment. So I am already preparing to be disappointed.
The Rangers will never spend that kind of money on something that doesn’t bring in revenue. The sweaters maybe.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Rangers will never spend that kind of money on something that doesn’t bring in revenue. The sweaters maybe.

MSG beginnings has been reduced to a 3-minute interview with a player in the locker room talking about where he grew up.

This org doesn't care. I just wish fans would see it for what it is.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Honestly I like what they did for their 90th Anniversary. Do that but on a grander scale.

They brought back a lot of guys for a ceremony Opening Night including Mike Rogers, Tomas Sandstrom, Darius Kasparitus, Petr Prucha, Brad Richards, Martin St. Louis. It was good to see a guy like Rogers who had some very good to great seasons in NY, and is never talked about or has no ties to the club anymore.

They should also do something for the Boucher/Cook/Johnson/Patrick families.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I would imagine we are going to get at least a few jerseys. The jerseys will sell like hotcakes, too.

Probably increase ticket prices... again.
It'd be dope to do a single game with ticket & concession prices from 1926. If they can schedule a game on November 16, 2026 they should totally go with that plan. Would be so much fun and a great thing for the fans.

• Haha
Reactions: yrrebbor

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Didn't they only have 4?
It's two cups away! ;)

I would imagine we are going to get at least a few jerseys. The jerseys will sell like hotcakes, too.

It'd be dope to do a single game with ticket & concession prices from 1926. If they can schedule a game on November 16, 2026 they should totally go with that plan. Would be so much fun and a great thing for the fans.
That will NEVER happen!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You know what, if they don't do top 100 Rangers, we should. That could be a fun summer thing. We have smart people.

Some obvious inclusions from my lifetime:

Mark Messier
Brian Leetch
Mike Richter
Adam Graves
Wayne Gretzky
Jaromir Jagr
Henrik Lundqvist
Dan Girardi
Ryan McDonagh
Chris Kreider
Mika Zibanejad
Adam Fox
Artemi Panarin

Reactions: Gardner McKay

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
You know what, if they don't do top 100 Rangers, we should. That could be a fun summer thing. We have smart people.

Some obvious inclusions from my lifetime:

Mark Messier
Brian Leetch
Mike Richter
Adam Graves
Wayne Gretzky
Jaromir Jagr
Henrik Lundqvist
Dan Girardi
Ryan McDonagh
Chris Kreider
Mika Zibanejad
Adam Fox
Artemi Panarin
Marian Gaborik
Mats Zuccarello
Ryan Callahan
Derek Stepan
Pavel Buchnevich
Rick Nash
Alexei Kovalev
Vitali Kravtsov..

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
What they should do:
- create some kind of ‘honour roll’ or NYRHOF at MSG to celebrate past players without doing more jerseys retirements
- either by decade, or by ‘era’, run some programming on MSG over the course of 2-4 weeks looking at the players, games and achievements of that era
- publish a NYR ‘team of the decade/era’ that coincides with above
- from those teams of the decade, at the end of the season announce the ‘greatest NYR team in 100 years’
- and/or create a ‘new best 100 Rangers of all time’ list
- wear at least 2 different ‘throwback’ jerseys
- create a special 100th year jersey that is completely different from everything that has come before it
Done correctly you could actually tie merchandising/memorabilia into almost all of it so that Dolan can make his $$

What I expect is a heritage jersey, a patch that sells out very quickly, and lots of focus on ‘94

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
80s night
1715125831594.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad