What trades or UFA signings do you think Stevie has up his sleeve?

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Maybe. He was an RFA who wasn't qualified and shouldn't be worth more than 2.5 million. I'm surprised that the Ducks haven't done what they could to get him back.

Maybe he has unreasonable demands?
thats how nhl drafts go = pre draft he was the next gordie howe . picked 10th and a few years later hes waived . draftings a nerve racking business no doubt

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
thats how nhl drafts go = pre draft he was the next gordie howe . picked 10th and a few years later hes waived . draftings a nerve racking business no doubt

From the looks of it, it's another lesson in drafting a player with work ethic problems.

I don't see Yzerman signing or trading for a guy like that.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I would love Debrusk, he seems like an Yzerman guy. 27 goals in 68 games in his second season. Only 24. I can't image he would be cheap, if we could get him for a 3rd I would take it and run. I can't imagine he would be that cheap but its been a weird offseason so who knows.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I would love Debrusk, he seems like an Yzerman guy. 27 goals in 68 games in his second season. Only 24. I can't image he would be cheap, if we could get him for a 3rd I would take it and run. I can't imagine he would be that cheap but its been a weird offseason so who knows.

I'm all for getting him as well, but again we have a Namestnikov problem. That's a roster space we need to clear up.

And I'm still skeptical that we're looking to spend money on our roster. DeBrusk is an improvement over Namestnikov but he's also more expensive.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I'm all for getting him as well, but again we have a Namestnikov problem. That's a roster space we need to clear up.

And I'm still skeptical that we're looking to spend money on our roster. DeBrusk is an improvement over Namestnikov but he's also more expensive.
I agree, I can only see this happening if we trade away Bertuzzi first.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
With Eichel’s agent comment today. I’d be extremely curious what the ask is. Reportedly Rags didn’t want to trade Lundqvist or Schneider and VGK not so much with Krebs.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
With Eichel’s agent comment today. I’d be extremely curious what the ask is. Reportedly Rags didn’t want to trade Lundqvist or Schneider and VGK not so much with Krebs.
That’s crazy to me. They didn’t want to part with Lunqvist/Krebs for Jack Eichel?!? If they don’t have to give up Kakko or Laf they should take that and run. I wouldn’t trade our whole prospect pool for Eichel but if they asked for a Bergren/Veleno level prospect or even Zadina I would take that in an instant.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
That’s crazy to me. They didn’t want to part with Lunqvist/Krebs for Jack Eichel?!? If they don’t have to give up Kakko or Laf they should take that and run. I wouldn’t trade our whole prospect pool for Eichel but if they asked for a Bergren/Veleno level prospect or even Zadina I would take that in an instant.
Yeah, if Kevin Adam’s came to me asking for a prospect like that in a package I’d have no problem.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Vlad isn't a problem, he can be shipped to GR. Dude has been a complete disappointment and hasn't been good at anything besides empty netters.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
What will Stevie's next free agency or trade move be excluding the GR and Detroit 2 way contracts.? Will it be Bobby Ryan, Tatar just as examples.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
What will Stevie's next free agency or trade move be excluding the GR and Detroit 2 way contracts.? Will it be Bobby Ryan, Tatar just as examples.
do any contenders have a decent but over payed player on say a 2 year contract that theyd like to dump for the space ? he could be a vet leader for us and we'd get a good draft pick along with him for takin the contract . then retain 50% and get another pick for trading him at deadline ...

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
I like DeBrusk, consistency problems but tends to be bounced around the lineup alot and his last season probably puts him at a reasonable price too.
Speed, body and can score.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'd sign Chara and play him with Seider little bit and then with Hronek

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Kenny Holland, is that you?

In all honesty, Chara on a 1 year deal wouldn't kill us. I think Staal is our vet on defense though.
I'd take Chara over Staal . I like Chara as mentor for both Seider and Hronek, besides who is going to give Seider hard time , when Chara is around

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'd take Chara over Staal . I like Chara as mentor for both Seider and Hronek, besides who is going to give Seider hard time , when Chara is around
probably Blash.

seriously though, Chara isn't really that much more of a deterrent than Staal, who isn't much of one himself. Goons will still be goons. Pests will still be pests. +big, skilled & physical players. Throw in a crazy goalie or 2 & we've got the makings of a weekly melee.

Last edited:

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
So at this point we are hoping that a full season of Bertuzzi and Vrana plus a young player or two coming up and having good rookie campaigns will be the major improvements of this team?

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
So at this point we are hoping that a full season of Bertuzzi and Vrana plus a young player or two coming up and having good rookie campaigns will be the major improvements of this team?

Full season of Fabbri, Larkin, and Dekeyser will probably help as well, and if Suter maintains/improves his production. Plus Leddy's puck moving and offense is something we were sorely lacking.

Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Full season of Fabbri, Larkin, and Dekeyser will probably help as well, and if Suter maintains/improves his production. Plus Leddy's puck moving and offense is something we were sorely lacking.

People are sleeping on how much a puck mover like Leddy helps the offense. It's hard to score goals as a forward if the defenders can't set you up with the puck in winning positions.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
People are sleeping on how much a puck mover like Leddy helps the offense. It's hard to score goals as a forward if the defenders can't set you up with the puck in winning positions.

True, the most frustrating part of watching the team the past couple seasons for me has been the failed zone exits (power play is up there as well). I think Seider and Leddy can help a ton with that.

Reactions: Bench

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad