What to do with the board - Poll of Yotes fans.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Well, it's been a pleasure. Hockey was my favorite live sporting event. Unfortunate the way things have gone over the past few years. What could have been if Tempe voted in favor of the plan.

I do hope those of you living in AZ will get a team eventually. But it could be a long time now before that happens. I suspect that you won't get a sniff of the NHL until the suns lease is coming up for renewal. The easiest bet would be to work with the City of Phoenix on a new arena that can be utilized for both hockey and basketball. I just don't see someone coming in and trying to build their own arena and such like AM was trying to do.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
I'll miss talking hockey with you guys. The Coyotes and forum=40 helped me feel like a proper Arizonan when I moved to Glendale in 2013, and it's been fun dreaming on Max Domi and Dylan Guenther while watching Andy Miele and Christian Fischer with y'all.

I'll see you guys on the Hurricanes or Stars or Panthers forum. Or somewhere. Eventually.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
A bunch of us who are now Utah fans will be at the Park Tavern at AZ Ice Gilbert to watch the draft on Friday. Those of you who are not going to become Utah fans should join us there if you can. It’ll be one last get together, anyway. You can boo the Utah team and make fun of us if you want. I’m sure we’ll be talking about all those crazy Yotes drafts in the past. And we’re all hopeful that the Yotes will return.

Reactions: ck26

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Suddenly so sad. I realize now how much my HF buddies mean to me. I may post on Utah just to visit my old friends.

Atlanta had a fan disbursal draft. @SniperHF that would be a nice send off, don’t you think?
So true. Part of my day was reserved for this forum. Might visit the Utah board and follow the team a little but my interest is not as it once was. :(

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
A bunch of us who are now Utah fans will be at the Park Tavern at AZ Ice Gilbert to watch the draft on Friday. Those of you who are not going to become Utah fans should join us there if you can. It’ll be one last get together, anyway. You can boo the Utah team and make fun of us if you want. I’m sure we’ll be talking about all those crazy Yotes drafts in the past. And we’re all hopeful that the Yotes will return.
Just to follow up on this. Truly, happy to make this dual purpose. One last meet up for F40 and also the Utah HC draft party. It’s ok if the F40 folks want to call us names and boo our pick. ;)

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Going to be very strange when this board is gone. I've saved up way too late reading through threads and posting throughout the 12 years I've been here. You guys helped pass the time when I was traveling for work (or any time really) and I can honestly say there were times I was excited to see what all my internet friends thought about breaking Yotes news. Sad to see it go, this was a pretty big part of my life at times, as strange as that is to say.

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Sad to see it go, this was a pretty big part of my life at times, as strange as that is to say.
Me too. Everytime I picked up my phone, I came here first. Email, news and social sites always followed. I've been on hockey message boards for almost 25 years. I can't go without them and I'll eventually make my way over to Utah's boards once the gut punch pain departs.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Godspeed erstwhile Yote fans, best wishes to you all. Your board had a distinct and supportive culture when welcoming outside fans

Reactions: Prarievarg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad