What thug players do you want for our maple leafs next season?

What thug players do you want for our maple leafs next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

horner

May 22, 2007
Perry - would love him but don't think he will leave Dallas

Gudas - 3rd put dman and a partner for muzzin killing penalties

Anderson - 2.5 mil - after he has had a physical for 2 2 nd rd pks in 2020-21

Austin Watson - don't think Nashville will give him up

Borowieski - 5th pairing dman

Holzer 2 way contract

Nate Thompson - 2 way contract

I didn't realize Columbus only has 7.025 mil cap space with DuBois to sign

Reactions: Raymoondo

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Corey Perry really had a great game 5 for Dallas. We could really use that kind of playoff moxie. And the great thing is he's already settling into his new home in London, Ontario. So maybe he'll want to be in Toronto over the next couple of years.

Reactions: The Cobra

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Perry - would love him but don't think he will leave Dallas

Gudas - 3rd put dman and a partner for muzzin killing penalties

Anderson - 2.5 mil - after he has had a physical for 2 2 nd rd pks in 2020-21

Austin Watson - don't think Nashville will give him up

Borowieski - 5th pairing dman

Holzer 2 way contract

Nate Thompson - 2 way contract

I didn't realize Columbus only has 7.025 mil cap space with DuBois to sign
Totally forgot about dre and Josh Anderson sire. Thank you. We need him real hard also. Interesthang to see whom we'll get and pick up for life sire. We want so many amigos and thugs hard right now. Since we've been gone and wrong. Since you've been gone must have been a song.... can't remember the artist.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
For people voting and saying Boro:

Why would you ever want a 6th defenceman on a consistent 30th-31st placed team on our D? Hell no. Borowiecki sucks and Sens fans can't wait until he's gone.

Gudas and/or Dillon should be targets for D. Simmonds for F.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I honestly think Maroon would be the perfect thug. He can play on the third line, not scared to tilt anyone in the league, hits and is a locker room presence. Now Maroon is obviously a guy who is going to get a pay bump with some term and I don't know if the Leafs could afford him. I think they are going to end up settling with Simmonds

Reactions: The Cobra

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Totally forgot about dre and Josh Anderson sire. Thank you. We need him real hard also. Interesthang to see whom we'll get and pick up for life sire. We want so many amigos and thugs hard right now. Since we've been gone and wrong. Since you've been gone must have been a song.... can't remember the artist.
Rainbow

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I honestly think Maroon would be the perfect thug. He can play on the third line, not scared to tilt anyone in the league, hits and is a locker room presence. Now Maroon is obviously a guy who is going to get a pay bump with some term and I don't know if the Leafs could afford him. I think they are going to end up settling with Simmonds

Agreed. Maroon would be great, but I think out of our price range and he has zero reasons to want to come here at a discount.

Some hometown guys like Spezza and Simmonds I think are willing to come here for a few 100K less than they'd get elsewhere, but no reason for Maroon to do that.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
How sad would it be if our goalie instantly became the toughest player on our team? :laugh:

LOL, I was thinking the same thign too... I think Keumper was that goalie from Minny that got bombed in Toronto and cried on the bench, not 100% sure on that one though.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
That was it sire thank yous so many :clap:

I think Maroon would aaight too, but if we think more than just the game itself part, Simmonds would and will change the whole thinking and yelling and mental part of it. The impact would be much bigger. He's a real vocal guy who don't take dirt from nobody. Would make instantly our dolls thinking differently during games. Not many people can change that. The energy in the air, atmosphere would be different. That's why me and evidently many people here and outside this reality are pushing hard for Simmonds. Now we all just have to wait if Dubas bites that dust. We are all hopeful and less sinful. Blessed be.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I would settle for Matthews JT and Nylander sitting and looking at Perry and Getz videos and playing more like them. Those 3 playing with an edge would go a long way to what others on the team are willing to do themselves. Trade the wimps away though, AJ here is looking at you bud.

horner

May 22, 2007
I would settle for Matthews JT and Nylander sitting and looking at Perry and Getz videos and playing more like them. Those 3 playing with an edge would go a long way to what others on the team are willing to do themselves. Trade the wimps away though, AJ here is looking at you bud.
If it is not in your dna its just not there .
Having a couple of players like Perry and Anderson may drag them into the game

Hyman Mathews Marner
Nylander. Taveras Anderson
Mik Soderberg Perry
Barabanov spezza Korshkov

Trade
Johnson Kerfoot engvall

Robertson needs to get stronger next yr he will be in our lineup

Each line has a player thT will cause havoc in front of the net, crash and bang and stick up for there team mates

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y'all seen the Lebrun tweet now no? I was right. We are in it for life. Simmonds to the maple leafs (legendary) is happening :clap: :clap: :clap: Hard. We got him! For life! Look at the percentages. We got what we WANTED. Dubas makes us happier. Simmonds will change it all, like he already stated at tsn. We are now a harder, better team and organization. Simmonds is fearless.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I fear what a Simmonds contract would look like.

Hopefully it's a cheap, short term deal.

Him and Jumbo Joe on a cheap deals, with some combination of Engvall / Spezza on the 4th line, would be a treat.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
The "hard to play against" thing starts with the fans and media. Do you think tough players want to play in the current Leaf situation, with a softie GM, a recent history of coaching not knowing how to use toughness and many fans and most of the media calling for the banishment for anyone who plays remotely tough? (remember how Domi, Orr, McLaren, Kadri, and Martin were treated?) Go to war for your fellow teammates and look what happens here. Why would anyone want to willingly do that if they were good enough to have other options?

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I fear what a Simmonds contract would look like.

Hopefully it's a cheap, short term deal.

Him and Jumbo Joe on a cheap deals, with some combination of Engvall / Spezza on the 4th line, would be a treat.
Engvall got a contract and disappeared,done nothing. I give him no pass. He was useless

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Engvall got a contract and disappeared,done nothing. I give him no pass. He was useless

I'm not an Engvall guy either, and think it's nuts that the Leafs extended him for anything more than league minimum. It's a silly contract.

I was just merely plugging bodies into holes, but I fully agree with you.

Don't forget - Keefe benched him in the first game against CBJ, and called him out publicly. Some guys just don't fit with certain coaches. It'll be interesting to see how Engvall fits moving forward.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The "hard to play against" thing starts with the fans and media. Do you think tough players want to play in the current Leaf situation, with a softie GM, a recent history of coaching not knowing how to use toughness and many fans and most of the media calling for the banishment for anyone who plays remotely tough? (remember how Domi, Orr, McLaren, Kadri, and Martin were treated?) Go to war for your fellow teammates and look what happens here. Why would anyone want to willingly do that if they were good enough to have other options?

I'm not sure how Kadris name is in this mix, he was treated like the second coming of Wendal the entire time he was here. He often deserved the accolades, other times he didn't. Nobody told him to go overboard in his suspensions, and he had a few. He's more mature now, he wasn't here. When he played the game right, he was fun to watch.

We need tough, smart players. Defense first, take the body, fight for the puck, get in the dirty areas of the opponents crease. This is especially useful in a long playoff series. We certainly don't need fighters. Those days are primarily over. Fights have to be an organic response during a game, not a customary ritual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad