What team is more likely to win a cup in the next three seasons: Dallas or Colorado?

What team is more likely to win a cup in the next three seasons?

• Colorado Avalanche

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Dallas Stars

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Neither team has a chance

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Obviously Nichushkin is a key piece for COL. We'll see what happens with him. I do think the Stars downgraded on defense and I'm not sure how much Benn has left in the tank. I'm not going to touch on the Bowman situation, but I do have EDM as the favorite to come out of the West next year. I can see COL or DAL getting to the Cup Final, though.

It's a good poll. I'll go with COL since they did win it all recently and MacKinnon and Makar are proven playoff performers.

Reactions: dalewood12

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Colorady has the better top end talent but Dallas has the better depth.

Normally I’d go with the top end but Colorado’s depth has been decimated w/ no Nichushkin and no Landeskog , MacKinnok going super Saiyan this last season wasn’t enough. I’ll take Dallas

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Two schools of thought. Some believe depth is more key for winning the cup, and some believe "x-factors" are more key. I'm more for the latter - and I think all three of Makar, MacKinnon and Rantanen are bigger x-factors than anyone on Dallas today.

I think both teams have a chance - but I voted Colorado.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Two schools of thought. Some believe depth is more key for winning the cup, and some believe "x-factors" are more key. I'm more for the latter - and I think all three of Makar, MacKinnon and Rantanen are bigger x-factors than anyone on Dallas today.

I think both teams have a chance - but I voted Colorado.
I mean it depends on the circumstances. How much better is your depth than your opponent's best players? Flames' depth pieces in 2022 and 2019 outplayed the Oilers and Avs depth, but it wasn't near enough to make up the difference between how dominant the Oilers and Avs top players were against the Flames top players. On the other hand in 2023, the Kraken's depth overwhelmed the Avs star players and especially their depth pieces.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad