Value of: what team could use the right shooting dman hronek ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
First off i've never said that it's only Hronek, But he'd be part of the offer since Tampa could use another top 4 offensive RS Dman.

I thought the reasoning was Tampa wouldn't be able to afford 4.8 for Cirelli, so now 4.4 million Hronek comes into the picture? Yzerman is a great GM, problem is Brisebois is too. You'd absolutely have to find a much worse GM to pawn off Hronek.

I also take issue with the top 4 claim, especially when we are talking a championship calibre team like Tampa Bay. Red Wings haven't even turned the corner to a club able to challenge for a playoff spot and Seider and Lindstrom have those spots locked up while only getting their feet wet at the NHL level.

Reactions: Peat

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I've never said Hronek just for Cirelli Detroit would definitely need to add. I just said Hronek as part of a deal for Cirelli might not be a baddeal.

What I'm saying is for a team with impending cap issues Hronek isn't that valuable when he pretty much eats up any cap savings by moving Cirelli. Tampa is fully in their contending window. A futures add on top wouldn't cut it.

Tampa has Hedman and McDonagh locked in and Sergachev and Cernak as RFA to sign in 2023. Adding Hronek at 4.4 ruins their cap structure. Open CF and look at the current cap allocation. Tampa Bay isn't adding Hronek while moving cap dollars from their forward ranks.

If anything they lose Palat as a UFA. Re-upping him when he's already 30 to move Cirelli would be a horrid move in itself.

Last edited:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
OK,

Vancouver : Adam Ernie && Filip Hronek
Detroit : Tyler Myers && Nils Hoglander

Well ?

You'd really move Hog just to dump Myers?

You've got 2 years left of Myers but vs Hronek it's only a 1.6 million cap savings to pickup an offense only D when you already have Hughes, OEL and Rathbone. I mean, I hate the Canucks so I'd love to see Benning sacrifice Hoglander as much as any divisional rival would.

Reactions: CanuckCity

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
You'd really move Hog just to dump Myers?

You've got 2 years left of Myers but vs Hronek it's only a 1.6 million cap savings to pickup an offense only D when you already have Hughes, OEL and Rathbone. I mean, I hate the Canucks so I'd love to see Benning sacrifice Hoglander as much as any divisional rival would.

Yeah dump hog sinec garland and well ernie is ok.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
For the sens he’s intriguing. He could potentially form a pairing with Sanderson

Chabot-JBD
Sanderson-Hronek

Sanderson is no slouch defensively but Hornet would have a great partner down the line. Not sure what the price would be but I’d be fine including Brannstrom in such a trade.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
That's brutal for Tampa. Cirelli is an excellent 2 way C. Hronek's that guy who puts up points on a bad team while also getting caved 5v5. Once the Redwings turn the corner they won't even have a spot on the team for him. I'll bet, 3 years from now he's playing overseas.

This is kind of a bad take. Hronek isnt horrible defensively, you make it sound like the whole team wasnt caved in defensively. Regardless of them being a shitty team, he still led them in points last
season. Saying he will be out of the league in 3 years, especially when he is fairly young is a brutal take.
It`s pretty easy to say he shouldnt have being playing first line minutes which he did last season. He is fine being a decent second pairing dman.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Who needs d help?

Chicago

Who could use a Dylan Strome?

Detroit

Seems like an easy trade.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
This is kind of a bad take. Hronek isnt horrible defensively, you make it sound like the whole team wasnt caved in defensively. Regardless of them being a shitty team, he still led them in points last
season. Saying he will be out of the league in 3 years, especially when he is fairly young is a brutal take.
It`s pretty easy to say he shouldnt have being playing first line minutes which he did last season. He is fine being a decent second pairing dman.

Lead the team in scoring with a sub .5 points per game and 1.8 shooting percentage. The entire season for the organization was a write off. His leading the club in a historically bad season isn't a selling feature. Had near the worst defensive metrics on the entire team. He absolutely was caved 5v5. Yes he's young and can still improve but right now he's a 4.4 million cap hit for a 1 dimensional defenseman. 1 with questions on what his individual numbers would look like in a lesser role. On a better squad he would see less opportunity. Is he worthless, absolutely not. Could he improve, yes of course. I don't think his league wide trade value is high. 2nd rounder maybe, he's certainly not opening the dicussion on a player like Cirelli. If he can't reproduce his offensive numbers in a lesser role while maintaining his current defensive play, yes I'd think by the time he's in that 26/27 age grouping his NHL days would be numbered. We can bookmark this and see.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Something around Hronek for Cirelli. Once Points contract kicks in next year Tampa is going to be in some trouble. And Cirelli really hasn't looked all that good this year so far.
I don't see that happening, you can blame the coach, you can blame the partner, but Hronek is a guy who "benefitted" from being on a bad team and getting force fed minutes he didn't deserve and is now a healthy scratch. His value isn't that high, which means DET should hang onto him and try to rehabilitate his value.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Lead the team in scoring with a sub .5 points per game and 1.8 shooting percentage. The entire season for the organization was a write off. His leading the club in a historically bad season isn't a selling feature. Had near the worst defensive metrics on the entire team. He absolutely was caved 5v5. Yes he's young and can still improve but right now he's a 4.4 million cap hit for a 1 dimensional defenseman. 1 with questions on what his individual numbers would look like in a lesser role. On a better squad he would see less opportunity. Is he worthless, absolutely not. Could he improve, yes of course. I don't think his league wide trade value is high. 2nd rounder maybe, he's certainly not opening the dicussion on a player like Cirelli. If he can't reproduce his offensive numbers in a lesser role while maintaining his current defensive play, yes I'd think by the time he's in that 26/27 age grouping his NHL days would be numbered. We can bookmark this and see.
Last year was not a historically bad year for the Red Wings. That was two years ago. They were quite solid defensively last year, just couldn’t score to save their life after Bert/Fabri/Ryan all got hurt early.

Hronek is not one dimensional, he plays a solid 2 way game. He’s big and he is physical. He would look great on a second pair, or with a legit partner.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
For me, already booking a young 23 yo RHD playing for a bottom-5 team as a perpetual defensive liability is nonsense.

I remember when Hedman was called a flop 3-4 years after being drafted to finally become one of the best D in the game.

Defensemen takes longer to fully develop. Hronek is a really fine young RHD and I'm sure the NHL GMs are fully aware of it.

Cirelli for Hronek

AFAIMC, it's fair...

Reactions: roman star

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown

I don`t know why you seem to think he is one dimensional, you keep saying this, but its not really true. He had a lesser role the year before and was fine with 46 points in 65 games. Saying he is maybe worth a second is garbage, thats looking at just last year and not the previous 2. Considering he is only 2 years younger I certainly hope you wouldnt give up on Bouchard after his 3rd regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad