What Should the new Atlanta NHL team be named?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
I think they should consider naming them using the state name of Georgia. They can also use peach colours for their jerseys. It would be distinctly Georgia.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Hot Thrasy Jet..

So we can get refernce to the 2 old teams, and to where the second team ended up.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I wouldn't be mad if they brought up the Gladiators name from the ECHL team if I'm honest. Also wouldn't be mad at the Thrashers, but I think a fresh start would be best.

What about the Bees? The Honeybee is the state insect. Black and gold is a great color scheme (can even add in some golden brown for the honey), bees open up lots og logo options too. Including using a honeycomb shape.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Utah is the team that is really missing out if they don't use this name, but Atlanta could make it work too. The Phoenix. Rising from the ashes is a smart way to reference getting a team back. And a firebird makes an amazing logo.

But the best choice would be the Thrashers again. Bringing back an old name worked for the Jets. Why not here. The Thrashers colours and logos were also incredible and unique.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad