What Should the new Atlanta NHL team be named?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
As a new Atlanta NHL team becomes more likely, should this organization resurrect the Thrashers branding , colors, identity or forge ahead with something new?

As discussed in the Atlanta thread on the biz forum, there really isnt a better name/ mascot than the Thrashers.

Additionally, Millenials who will comprise a plurality of the Season Ticket base has strong nostalgia for The Thrashers and incorporating a modernized version of the team’s branding/jerseys / identity will do alot to galvanize support for the team

If for whatever reason The Thrashers name and identity cannot be leveraged here are some suggestions for potential team names

1. Olympics
2. 96’ers
3. Stags/Bucks (we have alot of deer)
4. Cutthroats (decent trout fishing in the Chattahoochee)
5. Terminus HC
6. Firebirds
7. Raptors (as in birds of prey)
8. Kudzu
9. Paladins
10. Gladiators (but in the Knights color scheme)

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
GAPLApeanut_prov02_640x480.jpg

Atlanta Peanuts. Here's the mascot

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Given my druthers, I'd lean away from Thrashers, because I never liked the branding to begin with (the color scheme was too muddied and muted for my taste, I think I'd have liked it better if either the red or the blue were brighter), but my opinion isn't worth much here. They should go with whatever option they feel will have the most traction within the market, which probably would be Thrashers.

I do like the odd old scenarios where teams in the same market shared the same branding (New York Baseball and Football Giants, St. Louis Baseball and Football Cardinals) so I would personally love to see Arthur Blank buy into the ownership group and have the new team be either Atlanta United HC or the Falcons, but that is of course vanishingly unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad