What Russian KHL players you would like to see in the NHL next season?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Amongst guys not mentioned so far Maxim Osipov has impressed me at times over the last year and a half... and is a righty.

He needs to learn to move his feet more though... he is not slow, but he simply drifts around ice too much at times.

He would likely need some AHL time but could be a decent bottom pairing and PP2 guy maybe.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
The KHL is the international equivalent of the AHL.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Kovalchuk.

Telegin could be a NHL player right now. I would love one Telegin in the Flyers bottom 6. His diving/crawling in the Worlds semis against Finns was hilarious tho.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Gusev and Dadonov for sure.

I think Shipachyov is the best hockey player outside the nhl today so definitely him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My list

Barabanov
Ozhiganov
Kovy
Gusev
Shalunov and Shumakov
Tkachev (ak bars) and Tkachev (admiral)
Sorokin
Telegin
Shipachev
Dadonov
Voynov
Korshkov

Barabanov-Yes, hopefully he signs with the team that employs his line mate from last season. ;)
Ozhiganov-Think he can be the next Zaitsev out of CSKA
Kovy-Don't think he's coming back to the NHL, but he's been much better this season
Gusev-Does Tampa Bay even know he's good at hockey? :help:
Shalunov and Shumakov-I wonder if they'll sign with the same team
Tkachev (ak bars) and Tkachev (admiral)-AK Bars Tkachyov isn't ready, Admiral Tkachyov might be ready
Sorokin-Would prefer he doesn't play in the NHL, unless the Isles trade him. :sarcasm:
Telegin-Not so sure how well he'll do in the NHL
Shipachev-Yes, a lot of fans don't know how good he is. I think he'd be a top 6 player.
Dadonov-Yes, although I don't think he'd be more than a middle 6 player.
Voynov-Laws are laws. Doesn't belong in the NHL.
Korshkov-Not ready yet

You forgot to add Shestyorkin. I think he's going to be Hank's replacement in a few years.

How many points would Mozyakin score if he played in the NHL? A lot of people think he couldn't play in the NHL, but he's so talented that I think he would score 50-60.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
I hope Filatov has a great season after finally getting his head straight, and comes for a PTO next year, mbe with Las Vegas, and makes it to the NHL as a 20-30 50pts player, mbe with some time in AHL.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
My list

Barabanov
Ozhiganov
Kovy
Gusev
Shalunov and Shumakov
Tkachev (ak bars) and Tkachev (admiral)
Sorokin
Telegin
Shipachev
Dadonov
Voynov
Korshkov

NONE. I want russian NHL players to come to the KHL and make the league better.

Why would I want KHL players to go to a foreign league?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
With little contest.

I have it as

NHL

KHL

SHL

AHL
Liiga
NLA

Yes, that's the consensus when ranking the top pro leagues in the world. There is a significant drop between the NHL and the AHL. KHL ranks 2nd because of the top end talent, they have many guys who can play in the NHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Considering how well he played in the WC, he is pretty much a lock to play well in the NHL.

I'm talking about his role.

He's not a big scorer.

Are you really bringing him over here on an ELC so he can play on your 3rd or 4th line? Why is he taking a pay cut to be a 3rd or 4th liner in the NHL?

It makes a lot more sense for more skilled players, not for a player like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad