GDT: What, Me Worry? Edm v Ott - 8 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I look forward to the drink @Drivesaitl will be buying me.
Unfortunately its cheap vodka that they sell in clear plastic bottles at some of these liquor stores. No label or verification of what it is. Maybe wood alcohol. For that reason and to avoid liability I just started a big bonfire with it instead. Then it caused an explosion.

You guys must like my material. heh

Charlie Brown it is. Least he's not Dustbin Neilson pigpen.

Enjoy your 5 week busy stressful vacation. Is everything you do 5? hehe

Last edited:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Hello all

Just want to thank all of the regulars here for the last few weeks. I had major surgery (went incredibly well) on the 22nd of Dec. Of course I didn't miss one bit of Oilers, Team Canada (#$%), and Condors. Nor did I not miss one bit of dialog from any of you. And now in recovery, this place is my saving grace from boredom!

Anyway, appreciate all the conversation and opinion - and knowledge - as always.
Let's keep everything rolling tonight against Sens.
Already 1-0 for us with 5mins providing another GDT.

Thanks again!

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
This one has me worried that the long break and recent success will result in a complacent game by our Oilers.

View attachment 797294

They’ve demonstrated in the past that games like this often result in an embarrassing loss usually against a 4th string goalie nobody has ever heard of before.

View attachment 797296

However this version of the Oilers under the guidance and steady hand of KK and Coffey seem to have found a repetitive steadiness about them. They just go out there and play their game. Even when Pickard is playing he’s been steady.

View attachment 797298

McDavid starts his quest for 1,000 points and if he could pull that off this season it would be mind blowing.

View attachment 797306

Connor Brown might score his long awaited first goal of the season against his old team tonight. I’m betting that it happens. If not @Drivesaitl will buy everyone a round of drinks.

View attachment 797313

Either way we seem to have Korpisalo’s number so if he’s in net I like our chances and odds say we should win.

View attachment 797316

Plus the GDT don't lose.

——————————————————

:edmonton Confirmed Lines

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Draisaitl-Foegele
Kane-Ryan-Janmark
Erne-Hamblin-Brown

Nurse-Ceci
Ekholm-Bouchard
Kulak-Desharnais

Skinner

Gagner healthy scratch

——————————————————

:sens Projected Lines

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Tarasenko-Stützle-Giroux
Kubalik-Grieg-Kelly
Smejkal-Kastelic-Crookshank

Chycrun-Sanderson
Chabot-Zub
Brannstrom-Hamonic

Korpisalo
Forsberg

——————————————————

GD Music - Týr - Far From The Worries Of The World

——————————————————

Fearless Prediction

Oilers 5 Sens 4

——————————————————

Note - if we win someone has to take the GDT winning streak over as I fly outta here for a 5 week vacation with Mrs5 on Monday!

Got to keep up the winning mojo!

Lets go Oilers!

——————————————————

Note Note - Its Ukrainian Heritage Night at Rogers tonight! Slava Ukraini!!!

View attachment 797327

——————————————————

Great thread as always my friend, you’re like our McDavid, we are in awe of your work and love viewing it, and often don’t really appreciate it till it’s missing. Have a great trip! Hoping for a great game from the boys tonight.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Great thread as always my friend, you’re like our McDavid, we are in awe of your work and love viewing it, and often don’t really appreciate it till it’s missing. Have a great trip! Hoping for a great game from the boys tonight.

Thx!! The Oilers have had so many breaks this year I figure its my turn. Have to rest up for the playoffs you know.

Hello all

Just want to thank all of the regulars here for the last few weeks. I had major surgery (went incredibly well) on the 22nd of Dec. Of course I didn't miss one bit of Oilers, Team Canada (#$%), and Condors. Nor did I not miss one bit of dialog from any of you. And now in recovery, this place is my saving grace from boredom!

Anyway, appreciate all the conversation and opinion - and knowledge - as always.
Let's keep everything rolling tonight against Sens.
Already 1-0 for us with 5mins providing another GDT.

Thanks again!

Wow sorry to hear about the surgery, hope all is well and wish you a speedy recovery!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Unfortunately its cheap vodka that they sell in clear plastic bottles at some of these liquor stores. No label or verification of what it is. Maybe wood alcohol. For that reason and to avoid liability I just started a big bonfire with it instead. Then it caused an explosion.

Enjoy your 5 week busy stressful vacation. Is everything you do 5? hehe

Pretty sure @Oilers in NS will drink it regardless.

5 months, weeks, minutes or seconds. Depends what it is….

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I predict we win this game soundly. Not because they’re super confident and looking to blow a bottom feeder out, but because they’re going to stick to the plan, play the right way and get the results they deserve.

I expect a convincing but mature win. I’ll be choked if they take the Sens lightly and lose this one.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Thanks for the condolences everyone. I got to see my grandmother just after Christmas, and she was still pretty lucid but we all knew this was coming. My dad got a call yesterday basically saying the end was near so to get the news this morning that she was gone was sad but not unexpected. She lived a good long life and I hope she's been reunited with her husband on the other side. She went peacefully in the loving care of the Vegreville hospital so I'm glad she got to go out in the best way possible.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Brownie is going to get a goal… and an assist tonight.

1704571382232.gif

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Flames lost. For some reason, these teams like to copy each other. Hope it's not today.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Think a win today puts us in a playoff spot ?
Yes that's right. St. Louis plays today but we own the tie breaker if they also win.

We play Chicago on Tuesday. So we do have an easy schedule. This is still a test in how we assert ourselves. Ottawa in particular has the talent to be better than what they've shown and are desperate for wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad