What is your excitement level for 24/25 season ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How excited are you for 24/25 season ?

• Very excited - a lot of things to look for

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • Somewhat excited - gotta be better than last year

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • Not sure yet - Just want to see how it goes

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • No excitement - no expectations

Votes: 22 34.9%

• Total voters

puckgoalnet

Feb 23, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Pretty excited ... but I don't think we'll be very good. We seem to be 3-4 years away from consistently competing for playoffs.

Saying that ... 1st GM I've really liked; Believe we have the right coach for where we're at and really like the young talent. It'll be interesting/fun/frustrating to watch them grow.

Reactions: CannonFire1

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
I'm always excited for hockey season. I am excited to see how the young talent progresses, namely Fantilli. I am excited for another new chapter and hopefully some more stability.

As far as excitement with wins and losses, I am not expecting much. But still. I love the team and the sport and I'll be glad to see it return.

Outdoor game should be fun
The excitement has been completely sapped.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Am out of ability to force hope. At this point it feels like I'm here more out of habit and a continued sense of Community Responsibility rather than anything else. I'm not in any rush to try to break the habit because I have a cardinal rule of never making major life decisions while depressed, but otherwise... :dunno:

So I'm trying to stick to participation in ways where the followups are straightforward and simple, and minimize the amount of despair that seeps in. It doesn't always work.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I am not excited about the Blue Jackets because especially first couple of games are going to have a cloud of sadness and grief over them. I hope the Wild, Avalanche, and Panthers are prepared for that as well, to be honest.

But I am excited for hockey in the general sense. I love hockey. I love the intricacies, the smell of the rink, the sounds, everything. I will probably pick a different west coast team this year because I don't think I can watch our miserable shit hockey and then fun shit hockey like I have with the Ducks the past three years. I need good hockey somewhere.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
All the excitement is gone. I was someone excited to see how Monahan fit and if the kids could take the next step, but now nothing. There is going to be a giant black cloud hanging over this season. I just want to get through it and rebound next season.

Reactions: DoingItCoolKiwi

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
But I am excited for hockey in the general sense. I love hockey. I love the intricacies, the smell of the rink, the sounds, everything. I will probably pick a different west coast team this year because I don't think I can watch our miserable shit hockey and then fun shit hockey like I have with the Ducks the past three years. I need good hockey somewhere.
Oshawa Generals

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
A very very small part of me is looking forward to the season. After all, it's Fantilli 2nd season, and a lot of the young guys are at their point where it's make or break. An even smaller part of me he's hoping for some crazy season where we make the playoffs for Johnny.

But mostly, I'm hoping this is a season of healing and acceptance for the players. The first month is going to feel impossible to get through.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Oshawa Generals
The west coast part is my requirement. I like having my secondary team be on Mountain or Pacific time so that their games are usually just starting after the Jackets finish. I don't usually make it through the third period, but it's nice having a late game. Maybe I'll be a Colorado bandwagoner this year; I am a huge MacKinnon fan.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm gettin' there. I might actually be excited when the puck drops!
I do think by that by the time the season starts things might change a little bit. Something tells me that Nationwide is going to be absolutely rocking on opening night. Obviously the opening tribute to start the night will be rough to start, but if the team is able to compete I could see fans coming together and making nationwide extremely difficult to play in again.

Ohio sports fans are resilient and you give us the smallest reason to celebrate and we will take it to the next level. A win for Johnny on the home opener would do wonders for setting the tone for the rest of the season.

Cujorulesdtown9

More Blue Pants
Sep 9, 2007
Michigan
I kind of have this season as a writeoff with the circumstances now.

Theres a tiny hope theres a massive click and the young guys all make a huge leap this year.

But im not sure I can be critical of anyone this year however they play. This team has been through a lot, I dont know if they'll be ok for a long time.

Honestly, im not really even ready to talk cbj hockey yet.

I love hockey, so ill of course be watching, but, its going to be a rough one this season.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
The player that brought me here originally just got traded away and the biggest star of the team just died in a most horrible way. My excitement level for new season is about zero at the moment. And ********* that shit, driving drunk is so wrong and somehow it's even worse the first thought in this guy's head when the car in front of him goes more left is that it's because they are trying to block him overtaking and he needs to show who's the boss by overtaking from the right instead. Anyone living in the states who wants to make a difference somehow, please have zero tolerance for driving even "a bit tippsy" and also don't feed the road rage culture. If you want to "win" a road rage moment, do that by staying calm and letting the other driver make an ass out of themselves.

Puck drop is usually like 3AM or later for me, I'm not feeling like I'll be watching all that much hockey next season... I practically stopped watching regular season last year the moment Fantilli got injured. I enjoyed playoff hockey but I didn't really have a team I rooted for, just watched most of the series as a neutral fan, west especially. In the east I was low key rooting for Carolina and Florida.

I followed Laine here from the Jets board but can't see myself doing that again, I never felt all that welcome on the Jets board to begin which has never been the case here. This is the best part of hfboards, my honest opinion.

Now that I think of it, I actually want to watch at least the first few games of Jackets as a gesture of support for the team if nothing else. I guess there are Jackets hockey things to get excited (or at least curious) about but not really feeling that right now. Likewise with Laine, I'm sure I'll check out how he does in Montreal and I'm wishing him all the best, but I'm not hopping teams for him again. And something in my support for him has changed. Not sure what exactly it is or how to put it to words, I just feel different. I never really consider myself a fan of any hockey player, these are not people I'm a "fan of", it's more like they are "kids I'm rooting for" and maybe Laine got old enough he's no longer a kid I'm rooting for. I hope that's because PAP done him good and he's in a better place now and doesn't need "my support", however virtual that has been.

Sorry for the somewhat depressed and frustrated rant but that's just how I feel about hockey right now, I'm sure you all can understand.

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
I can't wait for the season to start! Hockey is my favorite sport and the Jackets are my team! Excited to see how much the young guys develop and adapt to bigger roles. Excited to see the impact of the new coaching staff. I don't expect a good record, but prospects for the future look bright. There will be emotionally tough times, for sure, but I don't look for the guys in that room to throw in the towel and neither should we. The team needs fan support now more than ever!

Go Jackets!

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I just love hockey. My expectations for wins is low, but I’m hoping to see the Russians develop and the CBJ form some sort of team identity. Rooting for “hard to play against.”
Off ice, my season tickets section is the newly revamped Diamond Center Club. Its more expensive that the Lexus Lounge section. I’m curious how the amenities will rank. For the price, there ought to be an actual diamond at every seat opening night. 🤨

Reactions: CBJx614 and Monk

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I just love hockey. My expectations for wins is low, but I’m hoping to see the Russians develop and the CBJ form some sort of team identity. Rooting for “hard to play against.”
Off ice, my season tickets section is the newly revamped Diamond Center Club. Its more expensive that the Lexus Lounge section. I’m curious how the amenities will rank. For the price, there ought to be an actual diamond at every seat opening night. 🤨
I sit in Club as well and no offense but the off-ice stuff doesn't interest me. I am not the demographic that they used to justify the Diamond Center Club. Honestly, I just care about what's on the ice.

I prefer old barns, just brings me back to my childhood playing and spending countless hours with my parents - good times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad