What is Richard Panik's upside?

2badknees

May 23, 2015
He would make most team's 4th line. There's only a few deep lineups in the league he couldn't crack. Size and speed is usable.

The problem is that you can't take a guy's skillset, and apply it to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th line based upon ranking. There's tons of bubble top 6 players that would be a poor choice for 4th line duty.

I was originally hoping that Panik would replace lupul if they were able to dump his salary, but based on his lack of consistency, I'd be more interested in Brown having a shot at a scoring role.

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
I hope the leafs hold onto Panik and let him play in the top 6 after the trade deadline purge. He has speed, a decent shot and is a bit of a pest. Leipsic, komarov, Panik would be an ideal fourth line next year.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
he was okay last year on a crap team...at this moment right now hes no more than 4th liner and thats even with this horrible leafs team...based on this camp so far i wouldn't even put him on roster over a lot of the bottom 6 guys

he hasn't impressed at all so far

Luigi#17

May 25, 2006
Pardubice
He's definitely got some talent and if anybody can beat it out of him, it's Babcock. Panik only has to put it together and then he'll be a beast on the ice.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I know it's going back, but he reminds me of guys like Todd Warriner and Chad Kilger - good size with potential, but just can't bring it together consistently when it counts.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Very low IQ with the puck. He's a hard worker and he wants it, but he simply doesn't see the ice well enough to be a top-6 guy, unless he can somehow become an elite finisher.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Very low IQ with the puck. He's a hard worker and he wants it, but he simply doesn't see the ice well enough to be a top-6 guy, unless he can somehow become an elite finisher.

Cooper and Yzerman had him for three years, that was enough for them, and their record speaks for itself.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
He's a Babcock kind of player.

For sure, depth 3rd line 200' player, possible 2nd line if he gains a scoring touch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad