What is Each Team's #1 Prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
If there is not a clear cut #1...name the top 2. Try to do it just for your favorite team. I will update the list as they come in. (fans perspective...not HF writers perspective...heh sry)

Anaheim Mighty Ducks: Bobby Ryan(RW) & Ryan Getzlaf(C)
Calgary Flames: Dion Phaneuf(D)
Dallas Stars: Loui Eriksson(F)
LA Kings: Dustin Brown(RW) and Tim Gleason(D)
NJ Devils: Zach Parise(C) & Travis Zajac(C)
NY Islanders: Petteri Nokelainen(C)
NY Rangers: Henrik Lundqvist(G) and Fedor Tyutin(D)
Philadelphia Flyers: Jeff Carter(C)
Nashville Predators: Ryan Suter(D)
Chicago Blackhawks: Bret Seabrook(D) Jack Skille(RW)
Pittsburgh Penguins: Sidney Crosby(C)

Last edited:

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
FLYLine88 said:
If there is not clear cut #1...name the top 2. Try to do it just for your favorite teams. I will update the list as they come in. (fans perspective...not HF writers perspective...heh sry)

Rangers: Lundqvist (G) and Tyutin (D)
For Dallas, ima have to go with Loui Eriksson.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Well for Vancouver, I don't really know how Bourdon fits in as I don't know a ton about him, but I guess I'd put it something like Kesler, Bourdon, Auld (still a prospect?), Scneider, King

theo_60

Sep 18, 2004
Atlanta - Kari Lehtonen
Montreal - Andrei Kostitsyn or Alexander Perezhogin
Columbus - Nik Zherdev if he still counts...if not Gilbert Brule

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Gags1288 said:
Parise is the clear cut #1 prospect in Jersey,imo.

I personally disagree, I know I'm probably in the minority, but I am moreexcited about Zajac.

Zajac in my opinion has more tools to be a First line Center than Parise does.

Zajac has very good top end speed, he has good size 6-2 205, he is one those guys who seem to always come away with the puck in the scrums along the boards, he is very good on faceoffs, and he is a very good Penalty Killer.

And you can see him make the people around him better.

Talent Alanysis

Zajac is an especially smart player who has flown under the radar of most scouts until only several months before the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. An absolute game breaker, he is most of all an offensive player with all the tools you could ask for in a potential NHL scoring line player. A strong skater with amazing top-end speed, but even more impressively, he makes great moves while in top speed; a trait even few NHL players possess. Zajac has an edge to his game both physically and offensively. Not happy unless he's won something, he possesses an innate ability to galvanize his teammates both with his on-ice play and his off-ice leadership, and backs it up with great defensive awareness. His skating allows him to rundown almost anybody on the backcheck. This earned him a great deal of penalty-killing responsibilities as the season wore on. Top tier vision gives Zajac an impressive playmaking ability to go along with his already great package. He doesn't go into traffic as much as you'd like to see, nor is he quite as physical from game to game as you'd want.

From Head New Jersey Devil Scout David Conte

"Travis had a great season at North Dakota, especially for a rookie coming out of Junior B," Conte said. "The number of goals and assists he had didn't surprise me, but the sophistication of his play did. His ability at both ends of the rink are exceptional and he had great success on faceoffs. His defensive responsibility and penalty-killing skills are advanced. He was a young player who stepped up to a real good team and, if anything, he did more than shows on the score sheet.

"Travis has always been a productive player and always will be. His strong two-way game will facilitate his transition to higher levels. His improvement could be incalculable because he is not yet physically mature and he's only going to get faster and stronger. His intelligence level is very good and he's a great kid. He's that multipurpose centerman that everyone would love to have."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad