What if David Desharnais produces this year?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

vfactor

Dec 8, 2009
Montreal
DD got 'figured' out plain and simple. Opponents just know how to play against him and he can't not bring anything more to overcome that.

I really think he is as frustrated, even more, than any of us but he reached his highest level of play possible and it's not enough to be in top 6, not effective in 3rd trio role.

DD + Briere will black spots in MB resume for the time to come

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
For all the crap a guy like AK46 went through from fans and JM and RC, a guy like DD is still in uniform and there's not even a hint that he'll get scratch. AK46 used to hit, shoot and set up great plays. Yet, one bonehead pass or one missed checking assignment and JM would bench him or send him to the 4th. DD gets Carte Blanche. He had more weak ass shifts yesterday than AK46 had in a month. Yet...

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
For all the crap a guy like AK46 went through from fans and JM and RC, a guy like DD is still in uniform and there's not even a hint that he'll get scratch. AK46 used to hit, shoot and set up great plays. Yet, one bonehead pass or one missed checking assignment and JM would bench him or send him to the 4th. DD gets Carte Blanche. He had more weak ass shifts yesterday than AK46 had in a month. Yet...

I think even Kostitsyn haters ( and there is a ridiculous amount ) would admit he is a way better fit for this team.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
I try to find excuses for most of our players when they are in a slump, but I just...can't with Desharnais. I miss Gomez, this says a lot about the guy. Does he put a lot of effort during practices, AT LEAST?

Even though most players show up during optional skates this guy does not.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Undrafted, undersized, overaged, underproducing, RFA playing a position we already had too much of... Bergevin had no business extending him. DD had zero leverage.

MB signed him because he was French plain and simple. They even said they wanted more French players. this team is more about marketing than actually winning (also please see Briere).

Getting real tired and fed up with this team in general and I am sure many starting to feel the same way about our beloved habs. Why do we always seem to get the dope heads running this team. Oh right because we only hire French so we always have a tiny short list of decent candidates for each position.

Same old same old never changes last 20 years. Yes I will be first admit our prospects and systems are looking better than ever, but maybe that's because it has been bad for so long. Also what good is prospects on your team when half the players are always consisting of passengers, wash-ups, players with no heart, or frankly just to small to play in the NHL.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
MB signed him because he was French plain and simple. They even said they wanted more French players. this team is more about marketing than actually winning. See leafs although they look like they have even turned the tide a bit.
Leafs recently had a time in which they didn't have a single Ontarian on the big club and only recently added a few of them this offseason to the team.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
MB signed him because he was French plain and simple. They even said they wanted more French players. this team is more about marketing than actually winning (also please see Briere).

Getting real tired and fed up with this team in general and I am sure many starting to feel the same way about our beloved habs. Why do we always seem to get the dope heads running this team. Oh right because we only hire French so we always have a tiny short list of decent candidates for each position.

Same old same old never changes last 20 years. Yes I will be first admit our prospects and systems are looking better than ever, but maybe that's because it has been bad for so long. Also what good is prospects on your team when half the players are always consisting of passengers, wash-ups, players with no heart, or frankly just to small to play in the NHL.

Absolutely.

Can the French crap and get the best players. Real fans want the Habs too WIN, not have these tokens that can do interviews.

I lived through the glory years, and it's been too long... Just win.

djpass

For those wishing to see Desharnais leave, based on speculation coming out of the ESPN panel, apparently the Florida Panthers have shown some interest in him. Tomas Kopecky is one of the players that could be dealt by Florida.

Desharnais has 3 more years at 3.5.
Kopecky has 1 more year at 3.

This is only a rumor but I thought I'd put it here if it wasn't already done. Sorry no links to go with this one unfortunately.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
For those wishing to see Desharnais leave, based on speculation coming out of the ESPN panel, apparently the Florida Panthers have shown some interest in him. Tomas Kopecky is one of the players that could be dealt by Florida.

This is only a rumor but I thought I'd put it here if it wasn't already done. Sorry no links to go with this one unfortunately.

Please let this happen

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Dream come true

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

I posted last week that I thought Florida might be a fit. They have a lot of free agents coming up at the end of this season to ease their crisis they should be shopping for players that are signed beyond the current year.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

This has got to be the best 3rd post ever. You just put the biggest smile on my face thank you sir.:handclap:

Kopecky would be a decent fit actually. He's just shy of a foot taller than DD, can play a good two-way game on our third line, and is 31 years old with 2 cups so can be a good vet for our youngins.

DD for Kopecky would also be relatively even value considering he has 0 points on the season.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Sad thing is, I knew this would happen and it's a reason why I didn't want him on this team. But DD started to make a liar out of me when he and Patch and Cole started lighting it up like crazy. DD was seen as this weird hybrid player that was producing above and beyond any logic. But now he got the big contract, the nightmare I was imagining is happening. He's a good kid that lives and breath hockey, that was his dream to play for the Habs and suddenly everything stops working. But now everybody will start hating him, his size problem will come on the forefront and so forth. Plus even the french fans will get on him for not being the hero they were waiting for. They were easy on Lats cause he was possibly a power forward, one the few french PF that even exist. And they thought he was the one they were waiting for. But DD is easy to push under the rug and say "were never cared for you anyway, midget".

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Sad thing is, I knew this would happen and it's a reason why I didn't want him on this team. But DD started to make a liar out of me when he and Patch and Cole started lighting it up like crazy. DD was seen as this weird hybrid player that was producing above and beyond any logic. But now he got the big contract, the nightmare I was imagining is happening. He's a good kid that lives and breath hockey, that was his dream to play for the Habs and suddenly everything stops working. But now everybody will start hating him, his size problem will come on the forefront and so forth. Plus even the french fans will get on him for not being the hero they were waiting for. They were easy on Lats cause he was possibly a power forward, one the few french PF that even exist. And they thought he was the one they were waiting for. But DD is easy to push under the rug and say "were never cared for you anyway, midget".

He's not playing well.

It's not the fans turning on him because of his size, it's because he doesn't go into corners and he can't shoot and he can't win faceoffs and he can't and he can't and he can't. His fundamentals are all wrong.

Don't blame it on the only thing he can't change when there are plenty of things that he can.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
He's not playing well.

It's not the fans turning on him because of his size, it's because he doesn't go into corners and he can't shoot and he can't win faceoffs and he can't and he can't and he can't. His fundamentals are all wrong.

Don't blame it on the only thing he can't change when there are plenty of things that he can.

You're saying he's not playing well cause he doesn't do things he should be doing, right? Well you think he doesn't want to do those things, you think he wants to play bad? Maybe his size is a factor.

Also i'm not saying the fans are wrong for turning on him, I'm just saying that this is sad that this is happening.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
You're saying he's not playing well cause he doesn't do things he should be doing, right? Well you think he doesn't want to do those things, you think he wants to play bad? Maybe his size is a factor.

Also i'm not saying the fans are wrong for turning on him, I'm just saying that this is sad that this is happening.

What the F are you trying to say here? That he's not going into corners because his body is physically incapable of it? Or that his body is limiting his ability to shoot (Gionta, I'd agree, his biceps are done)?

Come on man, we have eyes. He's playing scared, he's playing lazy, or he's trying too hard - whatever the excuse is, it proves that Bergevin was wrong to extend him when he did. Desharnais was not a proven commodity then and either his lack of professionalism or his lack of fundamental hockey ability is on display right now.

My favourite hockey anecdote is when Souray said he practiced his slapshot all summer every day the summer before he broke out and tore the league a new one. Desharnais hasn't added new tools to his very limited toolshed. He can pass, and he's actually hustling on the some plays... be he doesn't go into corners and it's killing his line.

Briere was a terrible signing and so is Desharnais, and I'm not going to feel sorry for being totally and 100% unequivocally right about both.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We could have had Jaromir Jagr for 2 million a year. He has 6 points this year, and he has size.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I just realised that there might be another way to solve dd situation - an expansion draft :)

LET'S GO SONICS!

I said it a long time ago.....but Seattle won't do the job. Quebec would though.....we want the Nordiques! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad