What happened to Kyle Brodziak?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
In 09/10 Brodziak had 32pts while getting 0:16 PP/g and 15:19 TOI/g.

Hes playing in almost the exact same situation this year and is on pace for 16pts over 82 games.

His TOI per point has hovered around 35-40 last 4 years, this year hes getting 1pt per 82 minutes.

What is the breakdown of his TOI for PP and during final minutes of games when down and all that jazz though? TOI is pretty subjective when it is generalized as just 15 minutes a game. There has to be more context behind it. That is just my opinion though.

That is why I said he is no longer playing outside of the role he was always intended to play....the grinder. He wanted to be that guy before and not rely so heavily on his scoresheet, but his ability to shutdown the other team. So in that essence, how is the +/-?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
What is the breakdown of his TOI for PP and during final minutes of games when down and all that jazz though? TOI is pretty subjective when it is generalized as just 15 minutes a game. There has to be more context behind it. That is just my opinion though.

That is why I said he is no longer playing outside of the role he was always intended to play....the grinder. He wanted to be that guy before and not rely so heavily on his scoresheet, but his ability to shutdown the other team. So in that essence, how is the +/-?

Points per 60 minutes 5 on 5:
2012-13: 0.51
2011-12: 1.64
2010-11: 1.63
2009-10: 1.60

Points per 60 on the PP:
2012-13: 0.00 (small sample size)
2011-12: 4.96
2010-11: 2.38
2009-10: 8.01 (small sample size)

+/- for a grinder isn't the end-all...if you're playing against the best competition, your numbers will look worse.

Here's the Corsi relative to quality of competition for this year:

Coyle - 1.105
Koivu - 1.085
Parise - 1.057
Brodin - 0.816
Suter - 0.741
Brodziak - 0.658

He's fourth best among forwards. Meaning he's doing a better job of pushing the play up the ice than most of his teammates.

Also if we look at his PDO (shooting percentage plus save percentage on ice), he's the second lowest on the team. Meaning that he's probably playing better than his numbers indicate and it's likely he will "catch up" and start producing more (like Cullen and Setoguchi did). Oddly enough, I expected last year he would have a high PDO but it wasn't far from average.

Now, non-stats, he's been up and down. I've seen him making some poor plays with the puck. Last year he looked very good with the puck and was assertive and controlling play. This year he's more reacting to the play and a step slow. But he's had some better games lately and hopefully he continues to play better.

651*

I remember watching him play last season and all year he was in my top 3 players on the team.. every game he seemed to play with heart, putting everything out there on the line, just a very solid player.

This season? Not so much... seems to be playing with no passion at all, am I the only one to notice this?

Read my mind. Search is your friend. He was basically our MVP last year; maybe because it was a contract year?

He just hasn't been good, IMO, and should be a very serviceable third line guy, if not second liner.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
He has been fighting there these past games but boy what's with his shot?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He looks to be out of shape, or perhaps hurt. He never used to get knocked off the puck. Now it happens all the time. Maybe it's a case of his heavy wallet slowing him down.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Points per 60 minutes 5 on 5:
2012-13: 0.51
2011-12: 1.64
2010-11: 1.63
2009-10: 1.60

Points per 60 on the PP:
2012-13: 0.00 (small sample size)
2011-12: 4.96
2010-11: 2.38
2009-10: 8.01 (small sample size)

+/- for a grinder isn't the end-all...if you're playing against the best competition, your numbers will look worse.

Here's the Corsi relative to quality of competition for this year:

Coyle - 1.105
Koivu - 1.085
Parise - 1.057
Brodin - 0.816
Suter - 0.741
Brodziak - 0.658

He's fourth best among forwards. Meaning he's doing a better job of pushing the play up the ice than most of his teammates.

Also if we look at his PDO (shooting percentage plus save percentage on ice), he's the second lowest on the team. Meaning that he's probably playing better than his numbers indicate and it's likely he will "catch up" and start producing more (like Cullen and Setoguchi did). Oddly enough, I expected last year he would have a high PDO but it wasn't far from average.

Now, non-stats, he's been up and down. I've seen him making some poor plays with the puck. Last year he looked very good with the puck and was assertive and controlling play. This year he's more reacting to the play and a step slow. But he's had some better games lately and hopefully he continues to play better.

Thanks for that brah.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
This guy is so pathetic!.. How does he stay in the lineup? What a 1/2 a.. Effort on the winning goal. What is now like -15? He adds nothing to this lineup..

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
One thing I'm really confused about now is why is he on the power play?

is this new?
Nope. Not new. He's been on the PP for quite some time even though the fail is epic. Why is he still on it? That is the million dollar question that nobody seems to have an answer to.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
He looks to be out of shape, or perhaps hurt. He never used to get knocked off the puck. Now it happens all the time. Maybe it's a case of his heavy wallet slowing him down.

I wouldn't buy that he's hurt cause that always seems to be the excuse when guys don't play well. I could handle it if it was just an inconsistenst strech, but He's been downright aweful all year and gives just enough effort to stay in the lineup. I kringe every time he's on the ice late in a close game. I don't know, maybe he's tieing Yeosie's skates or fetching his slipper's for him after practice. In any event this guy has wore out his Welcome here IMO..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad