What do you think the desk was made out of? (The ESPN coverage thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Plywood or MDF?

Seriously, ESPN got some criticism tonight for two things. (1) No joke, the desk was a point of contention in the Xverse.

(2) Sean McDonough was trending nationally for a lack of enthusiasm.

3 years in and seemingly the only thing ESPN gets love for is Bob Wischusen.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Plywood or MDF?

Seriously, ESPN got some criticism tonight for two things. (1) No joke, the desk was a point of contention in the Xverse.

(2) Sean McDonough was trending nationally for a lack of enthusiasm.

3 years in and seemingly the only thing ESPN gets love for is Bob Wischusen.

Certainly isn’t plywood or MDF. There’s at least three oiler hardwoods there tho…

Reactions: BigEezyE22

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

Did Reinhart shit in McDonagh's corn flakes yesterday?

This is an embarrassing call from a NATIONAL broadcast of the finals for the sport's most prestigious trophy.

ESPN sucks massive donkey balls but these playoffs they've reached a whole new level of suction.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
In Canada, fans can choose to watch the Canadian feed or the US feed,

Is it the same in the US.?

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019

This is an embarrassing call from a NATIONAL broadcast of the finals for the sport's most prestigious trophy.

ESPN sucks massive donkey balls but these playoffs they've reached a whole new level of suction.
Wow, video comparison is so telling! Dang, NHL sure misses Doc EMrick calls in playoffs. Very thankful for games Doc called, he was legend that created so many awesome memories for fans.

Plus, next batch of announcers come from environments that restrict critical thinking across-the-board, PC culture rules-the-day, and are ate-up with.... "Might offended someone diseases" (M.O.S.D. for short). This hurts end product, and the Doc Emrick's of yesterday, are all but gone.Many sports announcers today lack emotions and personality.... The announcers who have reached big-time lately are robots, that are massed produced & programed: Most have personality of a paper-bag, and sure wish most were like Charles Barkley that gives honest views, entertaining, and brings real emotions. Change is a given , but that doesn't mean that change is good. Hopefuly pendulum swing$ other way so we get fans get "Real" talent.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Honestly it looks like a piece of furniture they grabbed from someone's office and tried to cram too many people around it, Thanksgiving dinner style.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
In Canada, fans can choose to watch the Canadian feed or the US feed,

Is it the same in the US.?

No, we can't get SportsNet. I can get them via Center Ice during the regular season, so I know that I'm getting the short end of the stick here. Generally speaking, their broadcasting crews are much better than the godawful bozos ESPN employs.

Ray is the best in the business and as much as I love Noodles, I'd take Ray back in a heartbeat if the national broadcast crowd doesn't appreciate him.

You can have him. He's godawful.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA

I think this explains why so many of us are bored. McDonagh's commentary is fine for a regular season Oilers regional broadcast game... but it actual drained excitement from my as I watched it rather than increased my excitement. dog poo.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad