What do you think happened with Toews after 2015?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Unfortunately I’m not sure why Toews fell off so hard after our last Cup win. It was a major detriment to the Hawks considering his cap hit and role on the team. Personally I bet he lost the drive at that point. 3 Cups + 2 WCF appearances, 1 Smythe, 2 gold medals, and a perennial Selke nominee all before he turned 27 years old and then he got a $84 million dollar contract on top of it. Maybe the guy had just done it all at that point and the fire went out.

I remember he was on some weird podcast talking about some strange lifestyle views and all I took from it was that maybe this guy wants to start thinking about other things than hockey 24/7.

No hard feelings obviously. The guy is a legend in Chicago and aside from Crosby and Kopitar I don’t think there was another center in the league we could’ve had from 2009-2015 that would’ve given us so much success. His drop off was just very unfortunate for us as his cap hit was so big and his importance to the team so high. It sucks seeing so many other players be so productive well into their 30’s and Toews failing to crack 60 points for 3 years in a row before he turned 30.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad