OT: What do you make of this new look board?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
It took about a dozen times to log in. Sure had to identify a lot of bicycles. :wally
I feel that, I tried to log in like 5 times yesterday. All failed, went to the site right now and I was logged in without entering any info lol

Reactions: ultra63

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I can’t say whether I like it or not because I haven’t really had much time to mess around on it yet. Couldn’t login at all yesterday on my PC, I’m only able to login through my iPad. Obviously I like the other one better, but if this fixes the random loading into ads and tons of issues, then I guess I’ll be all for it.

Obo

Nov 20, 2019
Site layout is definitely a lot cleaner and quieter. The font seems a bit small for a forum where the majority of the posts are pretty short so I'm seeing what looks like a lot of unnecessary whitespace.

We'll have to see how the game thread functions. If that works fine then I'll give the update a thumbs-up.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Site layout is definitely a lot cleaner and quieter. The font seems a bit small for a forum where the majority of the posts are pretty short so I'm seeing what looks like a lot of unnecessary whitespace.

We'll have to see how the game thread functions. If that works fine then I'll give the update a thumbs-up.
you can change font size under preferences.

Reactions: Obo

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
is there any way to add back the blue dot that indicates a thread has new posts? i know clicking on the title takes you to the last unread post, but its hard to tell if there are new posts in a thread without physically clicking on the post and then realizing there aren't any.

Reactions: kb

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
A HUGE win is that I think that “refresh while you’re typing and lose everything you wrote” bug is fixed. That was a brutal bug, hope it’s permanently gone, and not just gone until the re-introduce obnoxious ads (it was ad-caused before).

Overall there’s plenty of good things, but I don’t like:

- Too much whitespace - I prefer higher information density like before
- Within a thread, pagination controls are only at the bottom, I like them at the top too
- I miss the “new posts” indicator when viewing a list of threads
- Much prefer having breadcrumb navigation, so I can go “up” multiple levels at once, vs. just one level at a time

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
How can I turn off the live thread thing? Had it off on the old version... I hate it.

Not a big fan of the new site either, but I am sure I'll get used to it.

Thx.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
This board is a lot like the Leafs...

Looks visually appealing but a hell of a lot of kinks to work out.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
We'll all adjust.

Maybe there are some good things yet to be discovered.

As mentioned colour combinations aren't the greatest ... sometimes less is better, don't need to use every colour you have to be effective.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Everyone hates change, this is good and if it doesn’t crash what’s not to like. Good work hfboards, thanks.

Reactions: Sypher04

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I hate change typically so while I will tell you right now that I don't like it, it could change in a month once I am used to it.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I like it, but:

-not a fan of the auto refresh on live threads. Should be able to turn that off.

-Would also like to be able to skip to last page at the top of the page instead of scrolling all the way to the bottom every time

Reactions: ChickenMcNugget

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad