What do you eat before your workout?

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I’ve been lifting for about 15 years or so and my schedule has always been the same until now. Now I have to go to the gym when they open at 5am so I’m usually up by 4:30.

I typically used to do 1 scoop of a protein powder and maybe some cheerios or oatmeal. Then a year ago I tried going to the gym on an empty stomach, just wake up and go. I lost like 15 lbs but of course some size went with it.

Anyways, my question is what do u guys eat or recommend eating if I only have like 30 minutes when I wake up before the gym opens? I want to put some size back on, nothing major. But right now I feel just very average, not lean, not fat, not muscular, etc.

Any suggestions will do. Thanks.

Reactions: DailyKaizen

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I’ve been lifting for about 15 years or so and my schedule has always been the same until now. Now I have to go to the gym when they open at 5am so I’m usually up by 4:30.

I typically used to do 1 scoop of a protein powder and maybe some cheerios or oatmeal. Then a year ago I tried going to the gym on an empty stomach, just wake up and go. I lost like 15 lbs but of course some size went with it.

Anyways, my question is what do u guys eat or recommend eating if I only have like 30 minutes when I wake up before the gym opens? I want to put some size back on, nothing major. But right now I feel just very average, not lean, not fat, not muscular, etc.

Any suggestions will do. Thanks.
Banana + protein shake, with gatorade for intra.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I cant eat before a workout, it doesnt digest and just sits in my stomach and I feel bleh. After a workout I usually do a banana and protein shake and then eat about an hour later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad