What are your standards for a "successful" postseason from Winnipeg?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I want the Stanley Cup, obviously. But, there is certainly a silver lining here for me regardless of the distance we go in the playoffs. Making the playoffs in today's NHL is no easy task. I feel this team took a step forward this year, so regardless of the outcome this year has been a success in my opinion, without question. My only hope is we can continue building as we go forward and not be a one-and-done team. Chevy and Chipman have said since day 1 that they do not want to be a one-and-done team, in the playoffs one year, out the next. But in today's NHL it's so competitive and tough, so we will see. But, as for today, I feel the year was a success and regardless of what we do this postseason, I am happy.

But, let's take into consideration here that even when the LA Kings first made the playoffs after their rebuilding phase, year 1 (2009-10 losing 4-2 to Vancouver) and year 2 (2010-11 losing 4-2 to SJ), both years they were out in round 1.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Making the post season was something hardly anyone was predicting at the start of the season.

Making the post season in the central division is a massive success, anything from this point on is gravy.

With that said, I believe and am predicting the Jets making it to the conference finals. We will be beating the Ducks in 6, and the Flames in 6.

But if they do not win a single post season game, season was a huge success.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Making the post season was something hardly anyone was predicting at the start of the season.

Making the post season in the central division is a massive success, anything from this point on is gravy.

With that said, I believe and am predicting the Jets making it to the conference finals. We will be beating the Ducks in 6, and the Flames in 6.

But if they do not win a single post season game, season was a huge success.

I was about to say the exact same thing.

-Jets season has already been a success
-predicted the Jets in 6, then defeat Flames in 6/7, lose to Chicago (Kane is returning).
-everything is gravy after the year the Jets have had

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad