What are your standards for a "successful" postseason from Winnipeg?

FBS

Sep 6, 2011
Now that it's official... :yo::yo::yo:

Somewhere between being swept in the first round and winning the Cup in Game 7 Quintuple Overtime, I think there's a certain level of hope and expectation we all have for the next few weeks.

What do the Jets need to do for you, personally, to be satisfied with their playoff performance this year and this season as a whole?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Zero level of expectation. We're in, and that's all I wanted.

That being said, I honestly believe this team is capable of winning a round or two.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'll be just happy to go to a few playoff games, but I do think we can win a few rounds for sure.

FBS

Sep 6, 2011
Zero level of expectation. We're in, and that's all I wanted.

That being said, I honestly believe this team is capable of winning a round or two.

I think this team has potential, but I will be pretty let down if they can't win the franchise's very first playoff game.

I'd like to see them win at least one game, and make a few others competitive. Coming in at the 8 seed, a series victory and beyond would be amazing; but at the very least I want this team to show that they can hang with the big dogs in the West.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Not a failure: Win at least 2 games and keep the others close. That way we can at least say the young guys got some playoff experience without that experience being overwhelmingly negative.

Success: Win a round.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Not sure if we are contenders, but we've got over a significant hurdle this season. I chalk this season up as a success already given how the jets have been since coming back.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Ceasing to be the only franchise to never win a playoff game will be a start.

If they get to the 2nd round I'll be happy. I say that now, but if they do get to the 2nd round and lose then I will be upset. I always want more.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Jets are likely to be going into the playoffs healthy with a hot goalie.. combined with 19 years of waiting for the playoffs...and on top of that this team has been built for the playoffs...size, aggressive forecheck, big hits, gritty shot blockers, players that go hard to the net...this team has the tools...and the refs will put the whistles away too, which helps a team like the Jets... this team has the potential to go deep into the playoffs... cant freakin wait to see a white out again

Awesometrax

Mar 15, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I don't want to see a sweep but honestly, now that we're in, anything more that happens from this point on is just gravy. And I hope the team takes on the same "nothing to lose, everything to gain" attitude.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Whichever team from the Central ends up in the Pacific has a good shot at the semi-finals. With luck that'll be us.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Step #1 - Make the playoffs .... Done

Step #2 - Win a playoff game. Then this will be the most successful season for this franchise.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I watched the 2004 Flames make a cup run.

You never know when you are going to make it back.

Stanley Cup for me!

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
No sweep

All out effort, if they don't go to the next round, take it to the 7th game :)

Anything after that is a gravy "for this year"...

Good timeline for the 2019 :)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
My first goal is for us to win a game, then a series. If we can get that far then I cannot be held back. We will be Cup bound!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm having a real tough time with this question. The closest think that I can think of...Is to prove we belong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad