What are your season predictions?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
With the Oilers looking to have the best forward group they've assembled since the '80's I figured it would be fun to make some bold predictions before the season starts. It can be individual accomplishments or it can be team based accomplishments.

I'll start with mine.

1) The Oilers will break the Panthers' salary cap era record for goals scored in a season (337) by scoring 350 goals this season.

2) The Oilers will have eight 20+ goal scorers this season, four 30+ goal scorers, three 40+ goal scorers, and one 50 goal scorer.

3) The Oilers will finish 1st in the West.

Lets hear them.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Home ice should be the goal with this stacked roster. No f***in around this year, spend the whole year perfecting playoff hockey under Knob.

That said, leave a bit in the tank and don’t go for the Presidents trophy. That never ends well.

So I predict a division championship. Oh and lots and lots of goals. Plus an improved Stu, he took huge strides on this run.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Gonna need to see where some of these players are at physically when training camp starts before I’m willing to make a prediction. So many took a beating in the playoffs and now have a short off season to heal up and re-energize. If the team is reasonably healthy to start the season then they should be in the mix to win their division at the least. If they aren’t then it could be another slow start to the season.

I am looking forward to seeing what training camp looks like with Knoblach running it now compared to the last two messes that Woodcroft ran. That alone should improve the teams chances of starting the season on time.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
IMG_4355.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: NotAVacuumSalesman

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
My hot takes:

The Oilers D will be the strength of the team. I think Broberg is the real deal and will help Nurse wake up which would give the team 3 strong pairings. I think Ceci (if he sticks around) will have a good year in a defined 3rd pair role in a contract year.

J. Skinner will be top 3 in the NHL for even strength goals.

Stu will have a .910% or higher save percentage

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Cup, its that simple. As I said in another thread, the only concern I have is not going out and getting a vet goalie in case Skinner doesn’t stop letting in untimely softies. We need that option, which could be addressed at the deadline if necessary. Its so hard to score in the playoffs the deeper you go, I don’t care what offensive talent we have. You have to be able to win 2-1, 1-0 games. Would have liked to see someone like Broissoit signed as an alternate option, not seeing Pickard as what we needed for insurance. Time will tell, hopefully Skinner takes that next step.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Division title (finally)
Home ice throughout the playoffs (finally)
Cup
McDavid wins Art Ross, Hart, Lindsay, Smythe
KK wins Adams
Bouchard 2nd in Norris voting
@Drivesaitl grows a record number of vegetables in his garden
@Bobieque finally invites me over for one of his patented 5 star bbqs
@Cloned withdrawing his dating application for my daughter because he found true love elsewhere
We all get scirosis of the liver from celebrating all summer

Last edited:

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
11 of 19 Finals in the cap era have included a team making a back-to-back appearance so it’s actually pretty common.

I think we’re entering a 2010s Chicago era as long as 97 and 29 extend, however I expect a disappointing start to this upcoming season with the team out of the playoffs at American Thanksgiving, followed by a remarkably strong finish and a division title.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Skinner on PP #1 pushing him to 40 goals. You don't put hands like that on PP #2. Nuge will be the center on unit #2. Making a loaded PP #2 that also features Arvidsson that much more dangerous.

Evander Kane retires to Robidas Island just like Shea Weber in 2021. Weber's contract doesn't run out until the completion of the 2025-26 season.

I was going to add Carey Price but he played 5 games during the 2021-22 season. I don't know what that did for the cap dynamics. It sure didn't hurt. Price's contract doesn't expire until the completion of the 2025-26 season.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
11 of 19 Finals in the cap era have included a team making a back-to-back appearance so it’s actually pretty common.

I think we’re entering a 2010s Chicago era as long as 97 and 29 extend, however I expect a disappointing start to this upcoming season with the team out of the playoffs at American Thanksgiving, followed by a remarkably strong finish and a division title.
By my count it's 5.

2009 Penguins and Red Wings
2017 Penguins
2021 Lightning
2022 Lightning
2024 Panthers

Reactions: barry halls

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
By my count it's 5.

2009 Penguins and Red Wings
2017 Penguins
2021 Lightning
2022 Lightning
2024 Panthers

I forget where I heard that but I guess that was way off and it’s far more rare than I had hoped being just 6/38 teams. Getting back to where they were last week will definitely be a tall task but it should be possible for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad