What are your expectations for next season?

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Not sure which team in the East matches up well against us. Toronto did the usual roster shuffling around the edges, Tampa isn't a threat. The Rags did nothing of note and their core guys might have peaked last year. Boston is probably the toughest but their high end talent isn't equal to us. Would be nice to have an easier first round opponent but at the end the regular season doesn't mean shit for this group anymore. They are built for the playoffs.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I think Toronto’s defense is way better now with Tanev and OEL. And Stolie should help them when he plays also. Their offense is obviously still good.

I think Boston got better also with Lindholm and Z. And they were already good.

It’s definitely going to be tougher for us. Our offense should be around the same but I think we took a small step back in defense losing Monty and OEL.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I think Toronto’s defense is way better now with Tanev and OEL. And Stolie should help them when he plays also. Their offense is obviously still good.
Toronto's problem has been offense in the playoffs, their stars shrink when the going gets physical. They avoid the hard part of the ice. That's why Boston has had their number for years.

Tanev may help if he can stay healthy but they are now asking a 35 year old Tanev play top pairing. He didn't even do that in Calgary. And OEL in the second pairing when he played 15 min with us.

I'm sure they'll be fine in the regular season again though.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Toronto's problem has been offense in the playoffs, their stars shrink when the going gets physical. They avoid the hard part of the ice. That's why Boston has had their number for years.

Tanev may help if he can stay healthy but they are now asking a 35 year old Tanev play top pairing. He didn't even do that in Calgary. And OEL in the second pairing when he played 15 min with us.

I'm sure they'll be fine in the regular season again though.
In fact they lost a 1st liner in Bertuzzi too, they just shuffle deck chairs in TO

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Said the same for Tarasenko, half of our prospects, Josh Anderson, and so many other players/topics I can’t even remember…

After all these years, I’m pretty sure I know where this is going ! :P

lol

Tarasenko? What? He was one of the guys I wanted the most. What prospects? I don't even know what you're talking about. Like nobody here has ever been wrong or said something stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
We made it to the final with Marc Staal.

I'm optimistic Adam will be more successful than him lmao.

Agree @batting1k ?

Biggest improvement in Toronto is Berube imo. I think the country club culture is finished.

Well Staal was great in that run, he looked like 2010 Marc Staal. Yeah he didn't provide much offense, but defensively he was rock solid.

Reactions: harv33173

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I think we needed to take a risk on *someone* that can QB the power play. Spending about league minimum is not a bad way to potentially mitigate that risk. The risk / reward calculus here with Boqvist is fantastic for the Panthers, if it works we can get a middle pair RD and a power play QB. If not no love lost.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Tarasenko? What? He was one of the guys I wanted the most. What prospects? I don't even know what you're talking about. Like nobody here has ever been wrong or said something stupid.

Funny enough I was searching older threads and found the Anderson posts.

Just a general comment below and not directed at one person but just a board comment.

Our team just hit the pinnacle of NHL success. We had too many years of fighting among one another during the dark years. Let it go, lol. Older debates or disagreements just need to stay in the past.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If that rock was a pebble sure lol.

82 games he was horrible. Playoffs, he existed. Bob saved his ass more than Marc was actually good Ill say that much.

I disagree

Funny enough I was searching older threads and found the Anderson posts.

Just a general comment below and not directed at one person but just a board comment.

Our team just hit the pinnacle of NHL success. We had too many years of fighting among one another during the dark years. Let it go, lol. Older debates or disagreements just need to stay in the past.

I agree

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
IMG_1600.jpeg

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
To me, they played better hockey in the middle of the season than they did at the end of the season, this also means the playoffs included. I just watched a game from earlier in the season that basically confirmed what I remember. So even though they won the cup I think they can play a better overall for the whole season. Especially the playoffs. I don't know what will happen, but I think they can actually play better.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
To me, they played better hockey in the middle of the season than they did at the end of the season, this also means the playoffs included. I just watched a game from earlier in the season that basically confirmed what I remember. So even though they won the cup I think they can play a better overall for the whole season. Especially the playoffs. I don't know what will happen, but I think they can actually play better.
Before that march slump they were absolutely dominant, i think it basically took the rangers series to get them back to that.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Ya honestly for me Florida looked like the best team in the league for almost the whole season, right from the start playing well without Ek or Montour, and then they inexplicably shit the bed the entire month of March. Except for March and half the Edmonton series Florida was #1 imo, Tampa, Boston, NYR series' weren't even close, tip your hat to Swayman and Igor for making those series' competitive.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
This has been a burning question I’ve wanted to ask the crew all postseason but I wanted to wait until the end.

I think mine is to win at least one playoff round.

What about you? Do you expect conference finals or better for next season?
I don't expect anything. I will take it step by step. Fall can be difficult because this summer has been so busy with celebrations but once team gets going, they should secure playoff spot easily. Then it's just round by round. I'm happy with the cup in the pocket. So there is no MUST any more but of course I hope they do well.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I don't expect anything. I will take it step by step. Fall can be difficult because this summer has been so busy with celebrations but once team gets going, they should secure playoff spot easily. Then it's just round by round. I'm happy with the cup in the pocket. So there is no MUST any more but of course I hope they do well.
Tkachuk says he wants to win another one, he admits to being greedy. I don't have any problem with that. In fact, I love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00