What are some stats that contradict HF narratives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
It's ironic you bring that up the same night on the Leafs in the Atlantic thread shows one of the best examples of anti-Leaf bias. Posters who raved about Babcock being the best coach weeks before he joined the Leafs now saying he's the most overrated and not very good.(amnd the old threads were brought up).
And what about Phil Kessel? HF's favourite whipping boy for 5 full years. All criticism went away once he was traded. Same with Phaneuf

[mod] The Leafs are BY FAR the most hated team on here.

You don't have any quantifiable proof of that. I feel the same way that most people hate on Oiler fans the most but that is just my perception cause if it isn't hate on leafs its usually the oilers.

The point of this thread however is narratives that can be corrected by stats otherwise the OP might as well take stats out of the thread and just say what opinions that you have are unpopular with general or hf boards consensus. Don't bring your own perception into it as it defeats the purpose of the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You don't have any quantifiable proof of that. I feel the same way that most people hate on Oiler fans the most but that is just my perception cause if it isn't hate on leafs its usually the oilers.

The point of this thread however is narratives that can be corrected by stats otherwise the OP might as well take stats out of the thread and just say what opinions that you have are unpopular with general or hf boards consensus. Don't bring your own perception into it as it defeats the purpose of the thread.

The Leafs are HATED so much. Yes, I do feel it is accurate. When you start to travel around Canada you see a lot of Leaf fans, yes, but you see so much hate.

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
The Leafs are HATED so much. Yes, I do feel it is accurate. When you start to travel around Canada you see a lot of Leaf fans, yes, but you see so much hate.

That literally is anecdotal evidence and perception unless you carried out a survey. It doesn't belong in this thread which is about stats aka numbers. Lots of fans of big popular teams feel this way ask bruins or flyer fans how they feel.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
How is is Morgan Rielly not a top-pairing D-Man? Internationally he's always been Canada's #1 D. He was #1 and led the Leafs to the playoffs, and in the playoffs he played fantastic, better than any D-Man on the President's trophy winning team.

Rielly is #1 easily on the Pens right now.

Really ?

Really, really ?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
That literally is anecdotal evidence and perception unless you carried out a survey. It doesn't belong in this thread which is about stats aka numbers. Lots of fans of big popular teams feel this way ask bruins or flyer fans how they feel.

How does one find evidence exactly? Isn't hanging out here a decent example?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
#1 D on Canada's Gold Medal World Hockey Championship team in 2016 and #1 on team N.America at the world cup.

Really.

You wrote : "Internationally he's always been Canada's #1 D."

Should I understand that "always" = one occasion when the Stanley Cup playoffs were going on and one occasion where it was not Canada's team ?

Strange definition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,010.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis