What’s the story with Elias Pettersson?

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He’s incredibly frustrating.

He maintained a 104 point pace between December 2021 (he was in the same type of slump he’s in right now prior) up until February 2024. His play was already starting to suffer though by around November/December of 2023 but he was still producing. After the all star break he’s completely just gone awol.

The thing was he had a completely unsustainable on-ice shooting % in his 100+ point career season.

Then he got lucky again when his whole team went on a heater for the first couple of months of last season.

He's a good player, but fans expecting his 100 point season to be the new normal were always setting themselves up for disappointment.

Reactions: Coffee

Coffee

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
The thing was he had a completely unsustainable on-ice shooting % in his 100+ point career season.

Then he got lucky again when his whole team went on a heater for the first couple of months of last season.

He's a good player, but fans expecting his 100 point season to be the new normal were always setting themselves up for disappointment.
this is probably the reality of it all, which isn’t terrible at all. PPG two way center is still a key piece

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Seems like a star player that leaves you wanting more.

Seems like he could be in that franchise tier but just isn't. Then the unreasonable expectations leave people disappointed.

A player less than the sum of his parts.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't blame vamcouver for giving that contract. It was the logical thing to do, but I was a little skeptical about him.

I know people talk about his finish last season, but there were times in that 2nd covid year where he just looked awful.

It's not to say that I expect him to be bad forever, but from a consistency standpoint, I do have some pre existing question marks. When his career is said and done, will his production look predictable year to year or will he be prone to some significant volatility? A classic case of this was Alex kovalev.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad