GDT: We're so back: Bruins @ Panthers Tuesday @ 7PM -RAISE THE BANNER

Excitement level going into this season?

• YES HOCKEY'S BACK

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I have ascended and life is complete

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I’m in south FL now. Game definitely gonna be canceled
Glad I’m hearing that from you - I am on a flight home to DC right now and my flight to Florida tomorrow was cancelled. I’m just thinking like… no way with the flood warning will the game go on tomorrow… but also I still haven’t heard anything and JetBlue rebooked me on… get this… and the later flight lol. There’s no way they go on right?? Hard for me to pass a judgement not being there and all, but the math just doesn’t add up.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Glad I’m hearing that from you - I am on a flight home to DC right now and my flight to Florida tomorrow was cancelled. I’m just thinking like… no way with the flood warning will the game go on tomorrow… but also I still haven’t heard anything and JetBlue rebooked me on… get this… and the later flight lol. There’s no way they go on right?? Hard for me to pass a judgement not being there and all, but the math just doesn’t add up.
For what it’s worth, we’ve been downgraded from Moderate flood risk (40%) to Slight risk (15%). Most of the rain apparently will come earlier in the day so I guess that’s good enough to go forward with the game.

Reactions: Dr Beinfest

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Holy shit guys they sent me a ring too! They recognized my hard work

View attachment 913296
Wrong delivery this was for you
IMG_1075.jpeg

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Our blue line on paper looks weaker for sure.

The entire team is worse because Zito had to downgrade in every spot where they had personnel changes. On paper... Greer is worse than Lomberg, Schmidt is worse than OEL, Nosek is worse than Stenlund, JBo is worse than Tarasenko, ABo is a significant downgrade from Montour, Cousins as pot stirrer will be missed...

I don't think that the Panthers will be a top5 team in the league, more like a top10 team, in this season.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Stopping by in peace.

I got Tkachuk and Barkov in my fantasy league and I was wondering are we sure this game is happening personally don't think it should I see no reason it can't be rescheduled

I know there is a hurricane right now.

Stay safe everybody

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The entire team is worse because Zito had to downgrade in every spot where they had personnel changes. On paper... Greer is worse than Lomberg, Schmidt is worse than OEL, Nosek is worse than Stenlund, JBo is worse than Tarasenko, ABo is a significant downgrade from Montour, Cousins as pot stirrer will be missed...

I don't think that the Panthers will be a top5 team in the league, more like a top10 team, in this season.
The comparison doesn’t look anywhere near as bad if you do opening night vs opening night. Last season we didn’t have Ek or Monty, for example… I think we’re equal or better than last year’s roster.

We may turn out to be worse by Christmas but there’s a lot of time for ABo and Samo and Nosek to step up, for example.

Also Tarasenko shouldn’t be there, need to compare who we pick up at TDL.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
No Reinhart at morning practice. Entwistle skating on first line. Lord help us

How is Entwistle still up?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Possibly, a not as good regular season team is in the cards. But I think a more apt comparison is to the playoff team we ran with.

Top 6 is the same

Luostarinen Lundell Samoskevich - We will see how Samo compares to Tarasenko. And Jesper is probably the replacement if it doesnt workout. But for now this is a we'll see. But on the positive here is Lundell is probably better? And it feels like Lousty has been on the roster for a decade, but he is only 26 and is probably going to be better too.

Gadjo Nosek/Jesper - Greer (Entwistle mixed in). Stenlund is the biggest lost here. Mainly for PK purposes. Stenlund was huge for us there. So they will need to figure that out.

Lomberg didnt even play every playoff game. Lorentz and Okposo played way more games than Lomberg. Does not mean I wont miss him. I understand he got hurt, but he was a big personality in the locker room for sure. But as an "enforcer", Gadjo fits the bill here. I actually feel like we should have kept Lorentz over Greer or Entwistle but we will see.

The D is really where my biggest questions are honestly

Kulikov on the 2nd pair is an oh no moment for me lol. Perhaps they are giving Adam a few games to see if he's worthy of moving up. I look at Mikkola Kulikov and I automatically think Mitchell Gudbranson.

Balinskis has been very promising since last year so it would be cool to see how he does. I think Adam will be handled like Montour was handled when he first got here. He started on the 3rd pair and see if he can move up. The difference is we arent waiting 2 seasons to give him reigns on PP1. I just dont know if I want Balinskis as his partner as he will be counted on to shelter him a bit. Would rather have seen Kuli or Mikko there to do that.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
The comparison doesn’t look anywhere near as bad if you do opening night vs opening night. Last season we didn’t have Ek or Monty, for example… I think we’re equal or better than last year’s roster.

We may turn out to be worse by Christmas but there’s a lot of time for ABo and Samo and Nosek to step up, for example.

Also Tarasenko shouldn’t be there, need to compare who we pick up at TDL.

keep in mind everyone thought mikkola and OEL were weak or at least a question mark. nobody expected them to have the solid seasons they had.

i think the new guys may surprise. they've never had the opportunity to be part of a team with an identity and a talented core like this. anyone who gets to this level is f***ing good. question is always can they be slotted in an appropriate role.

Reactions: TotalHomer and KW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad