Post-Game Talk: Welp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DO YOU BELIEVE?

• YES

Votes: 44 77.2%
  • YES

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
1000006860.png

Good job guys now our flag is going to have poop all over it

• Haha
Reactions: batting1k

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Oilers have also adjusted by shooting high on Bob since Game 4. This and really bad timing with Florida giving up way too many high danger chances. Now it seems McDavid is able to walk in at free will right into the center of the ice no problem. Otherwise the game winner would not have happened. What happened to keeping these clowns to the outside? The Oilers are killing the Panthers off the rush as they're now able to gain speed in the neutral zone.
tbf the two high goals he gave up were tough shots to block, one was a deflection that was going wide, then one on a saucer pass from mcdavid to a point blank shot from perry.

The bad ones were ironically down low, the shorty he was a bit too far out and the mcdavid goal he was just standing there

Reactions: austropanther

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Bob has always had to shelf issues nothing we didn’t know umfortunately.

Then Florida's D and forwards all need to help Bob by masking his flaws like they were doing in Games 2 and most of Game 3. The Oilers are doing it with Skinner too, making him look a lot better than they really are. I think Florida needs to rewatch tapes from last years cup final vs Vegas and anazlyze how Vegas beat them with their stingy D.

tbf the two high goals he gave up were tough shots to block, one was a deflection that was going wide, then one on a saucer pass from mcdavid to a point blank shot from perry.

The bad ones were ironically down low, the shorty he was a bit too far out and the mcdavid goal he was just standing there

2 of the goals should not have happened last night. The weak one on Bob was brutal. Easily one of the worst goals we've seen in many years. And the shot from the point from Bouchard. He didn't one time it, he took his time to tee it up. How did no players get out to try to block it? When I saw Bouchard have all the time in the world to tee it up, I knew it would be a goal.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Agree with this. Tarasenko has been good, he needs to be moved up to provide energy to the top line. Cousins for sure has to come in for Game 6. Not enough energy guys for Florida, Lomberg was good in Game 5.

Not sure if I would break up the Forsling and Ekblad pairing though. But the other two pairings need to change up. If Maurice ices the exact same lineup with the exact same lines on Friday night, he should be fired.
Disagree with your Tarasenko take. I watched Tarasenko closely last game. I like the guy a lot, he is smart, an underrated shotblocker and has decent playmaking skills. But he does not finish his checks, even though he is a good hitter!

Every time the Oilers' LD got the puck to move it out along the boards, he just swings by the Dman and follows the puck, even though the Dman is perfectly set up and eligible to be hit. You may call this defensive awareness because he keeps his momentum to go back towards our own zone. But we need to go for the hit in those moments to create this kind of energy you are talking about. Luosty does this so perfectly, he just lacks the skill.

Lomberg was good and I also think adding Cousins who should have more speed than Okposo could help.

Then Florida's D and forwards all need to help Bob by masking his flaws like they were doing in Games 2 and most of Game 3. The Oilers are doing it with Skinner too, making him look a lot better than they really are. I think Florida needs to rewatch tapes from last years cup final vs Vegas and anazlyze how Vegas beat them with their stingy D.

2 of the goals should not have happened last night. The weak one on Bob was brutal. Easily one of the worst goals we've seen in many years. And the shot from the point from Bouchard. He didn't one time it, he took his time to tee it up. How did no players get out to try to block it? When I saw Bouchard have all the time in the world to tee it up, I knew it would be a goal.
Yeah, Rino did not put a lot of effort in trying to block the Bouchard slapper, even though he knows of its danger.

Trying to avoid an injury before contract negotiations...?:sarcasm:

Reactions: Dubi Doo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad