Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Guys, it’s not the time to give up on this team now. The positive signs are there as hard as it might be to believe it
- They found their rhythm again latter half of the game and dominated
- Tkachuk is back
- Oilers periods-long winning streak will end like all streaks end
- Pressure is now on the other team at least as much, they’ve got something to lose now too

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I get they had to spread out the dates due to the NBA finals, but it sucks waiting 3 days. Unless of course this team can find it's collective balls again and play back to their old style that got them here in the first place in that timeframe

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Don't see how this team gets it done.

It's become very clear the Oilers want this more.

I have an overwhelming feeling that they're going to blow this so my faith is at absolute 0.

Reactions: CashMash

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Montour def got his next contract from edmonton, been their best player

will say kulikov has been a beast, pinned mcdavids stick one on one preventing him from doing a single thing on a play, and been hitting good

also we finally starting laying the boom in the 2nd, and it f***ed the oilers up, they started hesitating and making mistakes. I get not taking penalties but we were playing way too soft and oilers got really comfy

Reactions: KW

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Montour def got his next contract from edmonton, been their best player

will say kulikov has been a beast, pinned mcdavids stick one on one preventing him from doing a single thing on a play, and been hitting good

also we finally starting laying the boom in the 2nd, and it f***ed the oilers up, they started hesitating and making mistakes. I get not taking penalties but we were playing way too soft and oilers got really comfy
I’m sure we’re not the only ones who noticed the physical play and giving them less time, causing their D to make mistakes.

Also, for our shooters, do NOT do what Ek and Swaggy did and shoot at Skinners glove. He brings it up the same place and has no reaction speed to recover. Shots by the head/shoulder and they all go in.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
I wonder if how pissed Billy Z translates to the ICE? These guys man. I honestly can’t believe how bad they were from out the gate live. Paul Maurice’s decision not to changes the lines until late is absolutely f***ing mind blowing.

These guys looked absolutely soft, uncomfortable, scared of making a bad play( which they did) Reino looks like an absolute passenger right now. I want to believe but Jesus Christ they make it so damn hard.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Still hoping Florida doesn't choke this series. If they lose this series, it will go down as the biggest choke in pro sports in the last 50 years. And the chances of Florida making it to the cup final for the 3rd straight time next year is very slim. It's pretty darn tough as Tampa showed.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
hell, even then, to be up 3-0, and possibly blow it would just crush any confidence in this franchise.

IMG_1004.jpeg

Reactions: ShootIt

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Verhaeghe Barkov Tarasenko
Rodrigues Bennett Tkachuk
Luos Lundell Reinhart
Lomberg Stenlund Cousins/Lorentz

Forsling OEL
Mikkola Ekblad
Kulikov Montour

IMO

Agree with this. Tarasenko has been good, he needs to be moved up to provide energy to the top line. Cousins for sure has to come in for Game 6. Not enough energy guys for Florida, Lomberg was good in Game 5.

Not sure if I would break up the Forsling and Ekblad pairing though. But the other two pairings need to change up. If Maurice ices the exact same lineup with the exact same lines on Friday night, he should be fired.

Reactions: Vilam and ShootIt

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I’m sure we’re not the only ones who noticed the physical play and giving them less time, causing their D to make mistakes.

Also, for our shooters, do NOT do what Ek and Swaggy did and shoot at Skinners glove. He brings it up the same place and has no reaction speed to recover. Shots by the head/shoulder and they all go in.
most of our goals have been high glove side

Agree with this. Tarasenko has been good, he needs to be moved up to provide energy to the top line. Cousins for sure has to come in for Game 6. Not enough energy guys for Florida, Lomberg was good in Game 5.

Not sure if I would break up the Forsling and Ekblad pairing though. But the other two pairings need to change up. If Maurice ices the exact same lineup with the exact same lines on Friday night, he should be fired.
another reason why i hate our coaches

he finally goes back to his RW position and plays better, why we kept trying to force him on the LW when hes never played that side is boggling

Been begging for him to be slotted RW top line for months, and even on the 3rd pairing hes been doin good on RW, especially with reino hurt and not doing anything

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
also pls bring back gadjo in the lineup, the 4th line is out there a lot so having a dude like that to deliver some hits would be nice

Lomberg was nice but i really didnt notice that much of a difference.

Our 4th line scoring has been absolutely non existent, and usually idc if they score but rangers and oilers got life when their 4th lines constantly scored vs us

imo ideally
Lorentz/Lombo-stenlund-gadjovich

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I would put Tank on Barkov's right side. Reinhart on Lundell's.

Reinhart on the 3rd to see if it can spark anything for the 3rd line.
Definitely seems Oilers have shutdown Reinhart on the top line.

Halfass Swaggy-Barkov-Tank
GOAT-Bennett-Chuck
Luo-Lundell-Reinhart
Lombo-Tommy-anyone but Okposo

Forsling-Fatman
Mikkola-Kulikov
OEL-Tampa Weegar

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Oilers have also adjusted by shooting high on Bob since Game 4. This and really bad timing with Florida giving up way too many high danger chances. Now it seems McDavid is able to walk in at free will right into the center of the ice no problem. Otherwise the game winner would not have happened. What happened to keeping these clowns to the outside? The Oilers are killing the Panthers off the rush as they're now able to gain speed in the neutral zone.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Oilers have also adjusted by shooting high on Bob since Game 4. This and really bad timing with Florida giving up way too many high danger chances. Now it seems McDavid is able to walk in at free will right into the center of the ice no problem. Otherwise the game winner would not have happened. What happened to keeping these clowns to the outside? The Oilers are killing the Panthers off the rush as they're now able to gain speed in the neutral zone.
Bob has always had to shelf issues nothing we didn’t know umfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad