Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Slight overpayment and lots of years for both of them, but tough not to be incredibly excited about this.

Lindholm is a perfect fit for this system. Plays in all situations, great on faceoffs, Pasta's wingman. He'll be given so many opportunities here and it gives him his best chance to play his two-way game and try to find his old offensive numbers. Should we have a better 1C down the line, I'd argue he's a pretty perfect 2C.

We got bullied in the playoffs. Won't happen with Zadorov.

We had the money and spent it. Better team than we were yesterday.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Slight overpayment and lots of years for both of them, but tough not to be incredibly excited about this.

Lindholm is a perfect fit for this system. Plays in all situations, great on faceoffs, Pasta's wingman. He'll be given so many opportunities here and it gives him his best chance to play his two-way game and try to find his old offensive numbers. Should we have a better 1C down the line, I'd argue he's a pretty perfect 2C.

We got bullied in the playoffs. Won't happen with Zadorov.

We had the money and spent it. Better team than we were yesterday.
I am ultra-pumped we got Zadorov. The bigger and harder our D-core is to play against the better off we are. Keep that slot area clear so Sway can pick cherries instead of looking through screens.

I hope Lindholm makes a big difference. Moving Coyle and Zacha down a line should give us a more potent offense.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
What do the Bruins do next? I think they were waiting to sign Sway until they knew exactly what they were gonna spend today. I expect the remaining free agents will be like last year. Cheap one to two year deals like Van Riemsdyk and Geekie. So who can they get on short term cheaper deals? Skinner, Drouin? Maybe not?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
So...

Marchand with Lindholm and Zacha with Pasta?

Or Perfection-lite Marchand -- Lindholm -- Pasta line?
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Poitras-?

See how Poitras does for the first few games - has apparently put on weight since his surgery which is good. There's a hole at 2RW but we'll see where we end up there. Imagine we'll see Marchand-Pasta-Lindholm a fair bit in tight games or when chasing a lead.

Reactions: PB37

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Still have over 11 million to spend according to Spotrac.

Still have to get Sway signed, but should still have a little capital left to make some more moves unless he gobbles it all up.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Poitras-?

See how Poitras does for the first few games - has apparently put on weight since his surgery which is good. There's a hole at 2RW but we'll see where we end up there. Imagine we'll see Marchand-Pasta-Lindholm a fair bit in tight games or when chasing a lead.

Marchand -- Lindholm -- Pasta

Zacha -- Poitras -- Tarensekno

Frederic -- Coyle -- Geekie

Beecher -- Kast -- Brazeau

Ex: Jones

Zadorov -- McAvoy

Lindhom -- Carlo

Lohrei -- Peeke

Ex: Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korp

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
That’s not the one we overpaid
Loving this. Probably a little too much for Zadorov in both term and money but I love the player and is something they need on the backend so I don't care. Now lock up Swayman!

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Both players should be good for the first few years. As they enter their mid 30s in a few years and regress, these deals will be regretted, but Pasta and McAvoy will be entering their early regression years as that time, so I get these deals. Make one more big push while the core is still in their prime, give the team a big shot in the arm for a few years, and then just live through the back half of these deals while maybe retooling for a few years.

Reactions: Wulfgar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad