Player Discussion Welcome Shea Weber

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I have no problem with Weber. Love him as a player.

The stench of Therrien is all over it. MB has zero vision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Genuinely curious to see his shot on a regular basis. Welcome in Montreal. Weber and Price is a pretty good D.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Welcome Mr Weber. Perform well and all drama will be forgotten, people have a short memory around.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yes because the only way a defenseman can contribute to a team is by scoring goals :help:

Weber is waaaaaaay slower than PK.

show me where I said the only way a defensemen can contribute is by scoring goals? What's the #1 thing the Habs need more of? Goals.

Shia Weber was -7
PK was +4

And Habs was the worst team in the NHL last season...

The Habs weren't the worst team in the NHL and plus minus is a very misleading stat. Eller was a -13, worst on the Habs yet he's one of their better defensive forwards.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Seeing Weber in a Habs jersey should take away some of the pain, but I honestly believe a 4 year old could've gotten a better return on Subban.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Still can't believe we traded Subban for him. I hate the trade, but not the player. He's a better version of Sheldon Souray. His shot is outstanding. He gets it off very very quickly and with tremendous accuracy. Just blows it by goalies. It's unblockable.

For whatever reason Subban became very reluctant to shoot last year. He seemed to spend a lot of time walking the blueline and it seemed he was rarely able to get a good shot off. When he did he usually missed the net. This is the only area offensively that Weber excels at over Subban. It'll help the PP, especially since we have Gallagher and Shaw to create traffic down low and pick up any rebounds.

If we don't have a top 10 PP next year with Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher, and Markov and Weber on the points something is very wrong.

Having said that, I find it hard to believe we didn't just get worse 5-on-5. Weber is not known for his transition or getting to the puck first in the defensive zone. OTOH, considering that all this coaching staff requires is for the D to dump it out that might not hurt too bad. Plays MT's grinding game.

Welcome, I guess.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
I'm a big fan of Shea Weber and his style of play. He will be a great mentor for Sergachev.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
So now we don't have a puck mover unless Beaulieu suddenly turns into a good one or Sergachev manages to stick with the big club. ****ing great.

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
Give the ''C'' to Weber?

No way is Weber gonna wear the 'A' while he watches Pacioretty the friendly ghost disappear when times gets rough. If this organization really wanna fix the whole leadership issue they must rip away the C of Pacioretty.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
So now we don't have a puck mover unless Beaulieu suddenly turns into a good one or Sergachev manages to stick with the big club. ****ing great.

They aren't allowed to move the puck regardless. Therrien demands a dump , and chase.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Shea Weber is no longer a #1 Dman.

He is one of the best #2 though.

We lost this ****ing trade. **** this ****.
20 goals, 14 on the PP, 10th in Norris voting and will play top 2 on Team Canada. Could beat PK within an inch of his life. Has been top 5 in Norris voting 4 of the last 6 years. 30 years old. But he's not an NHL number 1.

PK had 2 pp goals last year and 6 total. Wasn't even in the Norris discussion. Can't crack team Canada and not well liked in the dressing room. MVP?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
No, because that would be a blow to Max, but give him an A and let him be the unofficial leader along with Price.

It's clear both Price and Weber will be the real leaders, and our leadership just got extremely stronger.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Weber sure has been a winner for Nashville.

If he's that great a defenseman, that great a leader. Why the **** would Poile walk up to Bergevin and offer him for PK "problem child" Subban?

InTheWrist

May 24, 2011
No way is Weber gonna wear the 'A' while he watches Pacioretty the firendly ghost dissapear when times gets rough. If this organization really wanna fix the whole leadership issue they must rip away the C of Pacioretty.

why don't you trade Pacioretty while you're at it. Total lack of respect to your existing captain for a new player to walk into the dressing room and take your captaincy.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Pacioretty should just hand it over, he had a hard enough time dealing with the pressure without the "C"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad