GDT: Weekend GDT| WBS @ Bingo | Friday January 4th, 2013 | 7 pm w/ stream

General Granny*

"@PSBSens: #BSens are being outshot 40-14 yet lead 3-1."

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Can't wait for the game in which they have more goals than shots.

source

Jul 13, 2008
How excited should we be about Lehner? I can't remember the last time we had a prospect look this good before making his jump to the NHL.

source

Jul 13, 2008
His step forward in maturity should have fans very excited. He's so mentally strong.

Well, he doesn't fly off the handle as much anymore. Once he's in the NHL I bet he becomes a major target though.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Three Stars
1. BNG - 40 Robin Lehner
2. BNG - 21 Derek Grant
3. BNG - 27 Mike Hoffman

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
How excited should we be about Lehner?

super-happy-men.gif

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Lottery pick?

We made the playoffs last year. This isnt a lottery team.

If their is a season, with our defence we may be a lottery team lol. Doubtful but who knows.

Also unless theirs injury to Andy, Lehner would be in Bingo all season I think. He woudn't have a chance to ruin the lottery pick.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Defence is ****. Our offence is in a transitional period with lots of guys still developing, and Alfredsson on the decline.

you could have said the same thing about last year as well, and we made playoffs. playoffs are certainly attainable. not easily, but attainable.

General Granny*

Finally a dominant game by Stone, want to see him in a top 6 role.

source

Jul 13, 2008
That wasnt true last year?

Last year's defence was way better than the current Cowen and Kuba-less edition (not to mention a declining Gonchar + Phillips, as well as a Karlsson who will almost certainly not match last year's heights).

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Last year's defence was way better than the current Cowen and Kuba-less edition
So if our defense is bad, and if Lehner plays well and we win more, that's bad because we don't get lottery? I'd do anything if we could go without a season like two years ago, and that means Lehner taking us out of the lottery.

source

Jul 13, 2008
So if our defense is bad, and if Lehner plays well and we win more, that's bad because we don't get lottery? I'd do anything if we could go without a season two years ago, and that means Lehner taking us out of the lottery.

If there is a "season", it won't be quite like the ones we are used to.

Sadly, there won't likely be any season, and going by 2005 procedures, we would only have 1 ball (out of a maximum of 3) in the draft lottery. Unfair in my opinion.

ElRossoMatt

Feb 13, 2010
Bucharest,Romania
Last year's defence was way better than the current Cowen and Kuba-less edition (not to mention a declining Gonchar + Phillips, as well as a Karlsson who will almost certainly not match last year's heights).

:handclap: Great post. You managed to get me pessimistic about the season. But you are bang on.

Re. Lehner. I can't think of a scenario in which he plays more than 15 games out of 48 excepting an Anderson injury. Only if he doesn't allow a goal in the preseason might be the only way. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad