Pre-Game Talk: Week to Start Over (ARZ, ANH, @WPG)

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
So, what happens with the roster? I guess we will find out tomorrow.

For some reason I think we are going to move Martinen up and put Skille back in.

Seems like they will always do something we don't want them to do. :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

For some reason I think we are going to move Martinen up and put Skille back in.

And Martinsen will run Big Buff over before scoring a goal, to ensure that we have someone to ***** about for the rest of this playoff push!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

If Martinsen can play anywhere close to how he did last night (goal or not) then I don't think it'll be a problem...at least, it is something that they can manage around. Problem is, last night seem to be an outlier for him. Maybe sitting for as long as he did lit a fire under his ass, we'll see on Saturday.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
If Martinsen can play anywhere close to how he did last night (goal or not) then I don't think it'll be a problem...at least, it is something that they can manage around. Problem is, last night seem to be an outlier for him. Maybe sitting for as long as he did lit a fire under his ass, we'll see on Saturday.

That is what I am hoping.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
Golden opportunity sitting in front of them now to create some space in the standings

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The great thing about this situation is that thanks to the trades we made at the deadline, we actually have the forward depth to get away with this short term loss of Landy.

Instead of rolling 3 scoring lines we trust roll a traditional Top 6, a gritty 3rd line and then a 4th line to eat up a few minutes. IMO we should try:

Iggy - Duchene - Greg
Boedker - Mack - Soderberg
Matthias - Malkin - Comeau
McCleod - Skille - Martinsen

Or, swap Soderberg and Comeau.

Still a solid Top 6 being iced at least, just a more traditional bottom 6 instead of expecting some solid offense from the 3rd line as well.

If we didn't go out and acquire Boedker and Matthias we'd be ****ed now. But this team is still good enough to win its next 3 games against teams that were sellers at the deadline.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Golden opportunity sitting in front of them now to create some space in the standings

True.

Unfortuantely, us and the Wild have pretty similar schedules coming up now. On the road for a stretch mostly against inferior teams.

If these next 4 games for the Avs and Wild go as the standings would indicate, we would go 4-0-0 while the Wild go something like 2-1-1. In theory we'd be capable of creating a 5 or 6 point gap.

In theory.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I was going to say... 'Any different than any other day?' :laugh:

The one posted yesterday about the Avs not making the playoffs because one place lists them as the worst team in the NHL was gold. By no means are the Avs an elite team... it is just as absurd to say they are the worst team though.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I need a Cliche turtle inspired avatar. Any help folks?

Screams of a face swap but I'm not good at that...
So here's one for inspiration:
GpU8ZRH.jpg

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

At this point, they weren't going to use that first year of the ELC, and they sure weren't going to call him up for 3 games, just to send him back down again.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They should ave done it in January. Sucks not using a talent like him for the playoff push and leaving him there to singlehandedly salvage an absolute dumpster fire of a team but with such little time left and the deadline moves they made I guess I can accept it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm okay with that. I would have called him up in Jan/Feb, but at this point the few games he could get are probably not worth it. His cap hit will be lower next season as a result and the Avs get 3 full years of Rantanan at 894,166k.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad